The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned before in another thread, would like to see some other Lotus. (hope to see that BRG Elise and Red S260 from Ian Law's event)

Going to host a lapping day on the 15th evening. Will be a small event with less than 20 cars. $85-$100 (2.5Hrs)

Let me know if you are interested and I'll email you with more info.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I might be down for it. I'll have to check my schedule. Ian Law event was fun by the way! Thanks for letting me drive your car by the way ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Colin, it was fun that day. Hope to see you again, you will steal my thunder once again! Nex and Colinplease send me an email at etiff at hotmail dot com and I'll add you to the email list

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was the Ian Law event the James fund charity?
Eltonsi, I've sent you an email
Thanks
Looking forward to the day. And yes, the Ian Law event was the James fund charity. Wish one of those Lotus 7 or that Tesla would come join us this time.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'll be coming but probably won't be running the Exige. Rear tires are done and won't be able to get new ones on before sunday. I'll cheer everybody on and offer whatever help I can :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
eltonsi - is this event confirmed? if so, would you mind some spectators? My wife and son and I aren't doing anything Sunday night, and I wouldn't mind going for a ride out to Cayuga for something to do.

·
Registered
140 Posts
So my rear tires were almost showing the cords and I ordered a new set. Couldn't get them before this weekend though. Had a series auto cross event today and really wanted to go lapping with you guys tomorrow. After a bunch of disappointing runs I snagged first place in my class with my last run. I inspected my tires after every run. My last and best run resulted in this pic...

So the moral of this story.... I will be showing up in my daily driver tomorrow not the Lotus ;)

It was a 45 min drive home after this pic was taken and needless to say it was much worse when I pulled it into the garage at home. But new tires will be put on this week and then it's fun times again.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Had a lot of fun tonight! Thanks for putting this together Elton. I saw a lot of improvement in the people I coached tonight :) And it was really cool to meet some of people there as well. Was a good crew. I will look forward to the next one and with my car this time :p

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for mine Colin!

Nice meeting you Dom, hope we can get 3 Lotuses out there next time.

·
Registered
140 Posts
zoomby - Anytime! Haha. Always willing to help a fellow Lotus owner.

Elton - Your welcome! Your lines made good improvements! You can see me talking about the teaching line in the pic :p

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zoomby - Anytime! Haha. Always willing to help a fellow Lotus owner.

Elton - Your welcome! Your lines made good improvements! You can see me talking about the teaching line in the pic :p
Yep, even though I understood maybe half of what you were saying :crazyeyes, the improvements were still quite obvious. Just need to get use to the braking, it's sooooo different than any other cars I've driven.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes, need my lesson next time Colin, when the Exige is back up and running. Figured there was no point with the mushy G37.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes the brakes on the Elise and Exige are quite impressive. It took me a bit to get used to being able to brake 3 feet from a corner :p

We still could have done lots of stuff with the G37. I used to do track days and competitive auto cross with my G35 back in the day!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had a G35 as well, those brembos were not bad, but the car is just way too heavy. It was still fun though. I should be setting up my second and last track day of the season soon, probably late August. Will keep you guys updated.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts