The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had this issue twice now. First time it happened, wasn't too worried. Anyways, while driving, I downshifted into second and noticed something sounded weird. I added gas and it wasn't going, so I thought I misshifted into fourth. Anyways, it was in the right gear, yet it wasn't revving. I shifted into neutral and coasted into a parking lot. While in neutral, the engine revs were fluctuating when idling. I also should mention I was low on gas.

Anyways, I restarted a few times while shutting off the engine completely and eventually problem and CEL went away.

This happened to me once before about 2 months back. I used a code reader and 3 codes popped up back then that read something like throttle control actuator or something similar of that nature.

I was told before that if the CEL goes away, that I shouldn't really worry about it. Does anyone know what this issue is/was?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
if its an 06/07 car it might be the old firmware, the latest C12x firmwares fix problems with DBW actuator codes, have it checked with the dealer or an obd ii reader than can read mode 9

1 - 2 of 2 Posts