The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello brothers!

I am experiencing two DTCs based off of oxygen sensor readings. Car is stock other then cold air intake, headers, and cat-back exhaust. Did not throw the trouble code for the first 2000 miles with this setup. Curious if anyone has any experience and/or thought on the best way to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm in a similar predicament. I installed a BOE CAI, cat delete and Larini exhaust and now get a P0137 code every few months. I clear it and it's fine for a few months then comes back. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Not sure how to fix the issue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in a similar predicament. I installed a BOE CAI, cat delete and Larini exhaust and now get a P0137 code every few months. I clear it and it's fine for a few months then comes back. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Not sure how to fix the issue.
What have you tried so far?

·
Illegal Alien
5,140 Posts
The following is pulled from the Factory Service Notes.

P0113 & P0153 are "slow response" from Bank 1 and Bank 2 - pre catalysts O2 sensors. Potential failure modes are:

1) Sensor Connector and wiring issues, corrosion, loose connection ... likelihood of issue on both banks unlikely as they don't share wiring.

2) Sensor contamination from fuel, engine oil, coolant, or improper use of RTV. ... more probable. as these causes could affect both.

Problem will not be a failed Catalyst, as these errors come from upstream of the Cat unit .. besides, BOE's "hi flow" Cat is the same type core as OEM (Magnaflow OEM long life replacement), just in a more streamlined housing.

Likelihood of O2 simultanious sensor failures, slime to none, except from external contamination.

As to BayAreaEvoea's code P0137 this is "Low voltage" Bank 1 post catalyst error.

Potential Failure modes:
1) fix any pre-cat code errors first
2) sensor wired shorted to GND
3) failed Catalyst

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

P0113 & P0153 are "slow response" from Bank 1 and Bank 2 - pre catalysts O2 sensors. Potential failure modes are:

1) Sensor Connector and wiring issues, corrosion, loose connection ... likelihood of issue on both banks unlikely as they don't share wiring.

2) Sensor contamination from fuel, engine oil, coolant, or improper use of RTV. ... more probable. as these causes could affect both.

Problem will not be a failed Catalyst, as these errors come from upstream of the Cat unit .. besides, BOE's "hi flow" Cat is the same type core as OEM (Magnaflow OEM long life replacement), just in a more streamlined housing.

Likelihood of O2 simultanious sensor failures, slime to none, except from external contamination.

As to BayAreaEvoea's code P0137 this is "Low voltage" Bank 1 post catalyst error.

Potential Failure modes:
3) failed Catalyst
Thank you so much! This is extremely helpful. At least I know where to check now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still completely at a loss. This is a tough one.

Potential Failure modes:
3) failed Catalyst

·
Registered
123 Posts
Still completely at a loss. This is a tough one.

Potential Failure modes:
3) failed Catalyst
Thanks for your help. I'll have to take check it this weekend. If I need to replace it, will a Denso 02 sensor for a Camry work? Or do I need to stay with the Lambda brand.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am losing my damn mind! Nothing has worked. Now I am also getting code P0154. Not sure where to go from here...

·
Illegal Alien
5,140 Posts
P0154 is O2 Sensor 1 Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2)

Potential failure modes:

Sensor connector and wiring should be checked for corrosion and loose connections
Gas leak in exhaust system

Again common error to P)153. a loose connection. Pull plug, clean, add dielectric grease and plug back together, make sure it snaps .. if that doesn't would then plug may have gotten damaged thus purchase a new O2 sensor (specific to car, they are not universal)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you! I will purchase another 02 sensor.

Where is it most likely the exhaust leak would be? Pre or post cat?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts