The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have the armrest installed in my 2018 Evora. I really got used to having an armrest in my 2011 Evora, and was disappointed that Lotus dropped it for the s2 cars. I picked one up on ebay along with the mounting hardware. I had the dealer install the hardware since it involved pulling the passenger seat and taking the center consul apart. It took them 3.5 hours to do the job. I know if would have taken me twice as long, and I might have broken something. I also had to have the armrest recovered to match the interior. I just got it back from the trim shop yesterday. The cup holder plastic unit has to be cut way back to accommodate the armrest. I am very happy with the results. I relay on this arm rest for entering and exiting the car. I place my left forearm on it and lift myself up from the seat. Then I swing my legs out. I am 6' 2" so it is a little more difficult for me entering/exiting than a person of shorter height.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the car is now complete! I like everything else that Lotus did to the series 2 Evora. It is a wonderful car.

·
Premium Member
7,359 Posts
Their dropping that armrest was a bit irrational on the S2. Then again , changing from the beautiful flowing S1 dash to the more utilitarian, functional flat dash on the S2 was one of my biggest disappointments. The dials on climate control etc just don't look as nice IMHO. You did well by correcting the error of their ways .

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
Nice work.

The S2 went backwards in a long list of ways, but the armrest was one of the most significant for me. I enjoyed showing people the quality of the aluminium extrusion in the framework.

Reactions: brgelise

·
Premium Member
7,359 Posts
My arm appreciates it on 4-5hr trips to/from events. Armrest and center rest are perfect height for relaxed 9-3 cruising.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,748 Posts
To each their own I guess. I find the S2 interior and dash a step up from the S1.

Reactions: RodneyAE
1 - 7 of 7 Posts