The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of the eight or so "sections" of the rear tail light, the two sections to the right are out. Is it likely to be bulbs or could it have something to do with the wiring plugs as I recently had clam off for BWR SC install.

Any experience/guesses?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hmmm, not sure if you meant the central brake light, or not. Anyways...... I have 5 of them out, so far. Looks like Lotus claims you cannot replace individual LEDs. Here's what I found in the service manual:

"The non-USA Elise also adopts the USA centre high mounted stop lamp (CHMSL) featuring red LEDs behind a white lens. The light emitting diodes are extremely durable and are serviced only by lamp cluster replacement."

This is the part number: B121M0013F. You can order one for $105 and change from lotusgarage.com.

But I wonder if this is a warranty claim "extremely" durable they are not apparently.

·
Registered
27 Posts
if you are asking about the chmsl, then no, there's not much to be done with it. ztec and i had his apart yesterday (it didn't light at all). it's all glued together and likes to break apart when you try to separate it. the problem with his, btw, was a broken solder joint on the earth side...TADTS

·
Registered
27 Posts
oh, we got to it alright...:D but there wasn't much left when we were done. the glue is stronger than the plastic, so you can guess how that went...it would be worth the $100 just to not try that again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts