The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 05 Elise used and it has aftermarket wheels on it. I have been trying to figure out which center caps to purchase, and finally just bought a set of OEM ones off of another 05 Elise. They are not flush

This may be a stupid question, but is there a special way to install these, or should they just pop in? I ask because they seem like they are the right size, but don't slide right in. I'm afraid to apply too much pressure and break them.

Here is a picture of my wheels, if anyone can help me identify what they are that might help. I had read on here that they made thinner center caps after 06, so maybe that's what I need instead?

Any help is appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are raised like that, but they fall out easily, like they aren't all the way in really.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Those kind of look like Lotus sport wheels. Does it have Lotus Sport engraved on the wheel? If so, you need the flush center caps for those.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes those do look like the same wheels. I guess ill see if anyone wants to trade. I wasn't sure if the flush would fit the back. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Thoughs look like Rota Slipsteams, a common cheap replacement to the stockys. The OEM Lotus caps will not fit on them. "Jim Clayton" makes a center wheel cap adapter for them to fit. I have the adapter kit and they look great now. You need to shorts and 2 tall center caps

-MM

·
Registered
321 Posts
After loosing several on my Rotas, I glued them in with RTV. Have not lost one since.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really couldn't get them to fit in correctly so I'm selling them. If anyone is interested, I'm asking $99 shipped (US only).

They have the yellow and green logo but I put black stickers over them. But no damage to the original design if you want to remove the stickers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts