The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the center caps the same (cross conpatible) on the base Elise wheels and the Exige wheels?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
according to lotus garage, yes, the caps are the same. I just order two for my car and this is what the site says as a description:

Flush insert 4 Exige, + Elise VIN: 5 33180 on...

·
Registered
263 Posts
No. The base wheels on my Elise had the caps sitting flush with the rim, whereas the caps needed for my LSS wheels protruded. I think it varies on different models or years. Not sure though.

·
Registered
773 Posts
+1 to what Sleazy says. Some hubs REQUIRE the raised center caps, although I actually know of someone who used the flush by hack-sawing down his spindles!! :eek:

Flush would NOT fit on my '08 Exige, for example. Not without a little hacksaw work (that I personally, am not willing to do) that is! ;)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I thought the non-flush ones were off the older cars, early 05's. After that, aren't they all flush? But it really depends on how old your "old Elise" wheels are.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Yup, makes sense on what CJUD said.

That explains why I have flush up front and extended on my rears. Never really noticed how the back hub spindle sticks out a lot more then it does on the front until I recently lost one on the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts