The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a "measurement" system for center caps?? In other words, is there a way to cross reference what size or type of center caps fit our wheels. On the one hand, i want another set of Lotus center caps , but on the other hand, I'm not too happy how the clear pastic centers are ??popping ?cracking out over time. That sponsor that sold center caps basically had no clue about fitments for our stock base and LSS wheels which was disappointingI'd be happy with any snap in aluminum center cap for track use(would withstand heat better which I suspect is the downfall of the stock center caps. My search yielded no input on the topic. These should be a REAL cheap part!

·
Registered
124 Posts
business opportunity?

Yes... somebody please help us...I tried to fit factory Team Dynamics caps into my factory wheels and they fit close enough to make me think they were good .. but also close enough where they might suddenly become a UFO! :eek: Eeeek!
If someone could find a reliable source for center caps that fit various wheel types, and maybe had some flexibility of design and finish, they would make a killing on here.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Alloy wheel

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With all the detailed measurements available on wheels, you'd think there would be some fitment or sizing system for the center caps???!!:shrug: Personally, I just hate being rippped off. A plastic center cap is probably a 50 cent item to make, yet they charge $20-40 each. Example, the center caps on my wife's Jaguar are cheap plastic and the tabs routinely break off no matter how careful you are when rotating or rebalancing the tires. They cost$40!! For that money, I'd like an Aluminum replacement part at least.
Notice how center caps never last more than an hour or two in the parts for sale site. Wheel experts, please chime in!!

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can we move this to General discussion forum moderators??

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
If you have a cap that fits and just the emblem is turning to junk as they tend to, I supply black and brushed aluminum emblems domed in urethane that are much much more durable, and only $50 a set.

Chuforia graffix

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.