The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at those limited edition elise pictures and remembered something I wondered about a while back. The newer models come with that upholstered center console with all the cutouts to see the mechanics of the shifter. Any ideas if they can be transplanted into the previous model years and are they available for sale anywhere?

·
Less is Better
2,626 Posts
You can buy all the parts. You have to buy the shifter, brake assy, console. I don't know about the cables. All in it looks like more than $3k. Check out deroure.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I ordered and paid for one of these open consoles because I was told it would work and minor modification would be required. Turns out British Racing Group folded and I had to dispute the charges. But...I have seen it installed with the InoKinetic shifter. There was a green Elise s2 for sale on here in the past that had this setup. It’s still my goal to go that route but I love the GRP Shift gate!!

Gonna sit back and see how nice the two new shifters coming to the market compare! Would be nice to have the new open console with the gate too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the sector 111 shiftR so Im running bare with no console right now, and the new console looks pretty nice. @Brandonm84 do you remember what sort of modification was necessary?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have the sector 111 shiftR so Im running bare with no console right now, and the new console looks pretty nice. @Brandonm84 do you remember what sort of modification was necessary?
I'm truly not exactly sure the exact mods but here are the links to the past listings I was referring to. I'm pretty sure these two listings are the same car and that shifter/console looks sooooo sweet! I would think @SLKado may know. For all original parts I now go through DeRoure. You can ask Gary at [email protected] and maybe he can weigh in on what it would take.

2005 Lotus Elise - Lotus Racing Green - Rev400 - Penske DA - Located in South Jersey

FS: 2005 LRG Elise - BOE Rev 400

Hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts