The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help with my mates 111r . Went to it the other day with the keys pressed the unlock button . It disarms the alarm but won't open the doors . Can anyone tell me why the keys won't open the doors from outside . I also have a 111r and have been trying to get in to no availe without damaging anything .could it be a faulty cdl module and more importantly can we get in ?

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
Aha! I have experience with this, my turn to shine! :nanner2: Easiest step is to check the appropriate fuse (F22) in the front passenger side hidden panel thing. Next step is to try resynchronizing the fob (remove battery for half a minute, hold both buttons until solid light, then hold A button for 1 second while standing right by the passenger mirror). If that doesn't work then disconnect the battery overnight to restart the ECU. Then reconnect and try resynchronizing (a few times!).

If all THAT doesn't work, then play with the center console button that locks/unlocks the doors, then try everything again.

Hopefully you don't have to reprogram the fob. Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the swift reply , will try that tomorrow but unfortunately can't play with the central locking button inside the car cos I can't get in ?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Hi can anyone help with my mates 111r . Went to it the other day with the keys pressed the unlock button . It disarms the alarm but won't open the doors . Can anyone tell me why the keys won't open the doors from outside . I also have a 111r and have been trying to get in to no availe without damaging anything .could it be a faulty cdl module and more importantly can we get in ?
Yes, first check fuse F11, but if that is OK, then it is likely the CDL module.
The alarm remote does not need syncing, because it is working by disarming the alarm/immobilizer.
The reason the keys will not open the door is because the CDL system was a Lotus after thought, and is not integrated into the manual key operation. In other words the CDL and key system are two independent systems. Lock with one and you will not be able to open it with the other.
Michael

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts