The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Rock Island, IL (a little farther, but...)

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
John, there used to be a couple in Pe O Ree Uh.

CheungMS (Ming) used to be VERY active, but moved to Philly and sold his Elise.

Nynone had an Elise too but just sold it.

So, I think it's us Chicago guys!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should grab some Chi-Town Lotus owners and head down to my home town to make our presence known at the Champagne British Car Festival

WhenFri, June 1, 5pm – Sun, June 3, 4pm
WhereDavid Davis Mansion, Bloomington, IL (map)
DescriptionJune 1st thru the 3rd are the dates for the 21st annual Champagne British Car Festival located in Bloomington, IL as the Historic David Davis Mansion.

We could hang out some, drive with these awesome cars and grab dinner.

Illinois Flat Land British Car Club - Home

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
You should grab some Chi-Town Lotus owners and head down to my home town to make our presence known at the Champagne British Car Festival

WhenFri, June 1, 5pm – Sun, June 3, 4pm
WhereDavid Davis Mansion, Bloomington, IL (map)
DescriptionJune 1st thru the 3rd are the dates for the 21st annual Champagne British Car Festival located in Bloomington, IL as the Historic David Davis Mansion.

We could hang out some, drive with these awesome cars and grab dinner.

Illinois Flat Land British Car Club - Home
Hey John:

I'm planning on heading down there for the show on Sun 6/3. Maybe do the show for a bit and then a quick drive? Any good spirited routes around there? Twisties?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I know this is an old post at this point, but there are others in the Peoria. The only one I know besides myself at this point is Dave though. We used to get together every now and again, but it was usually Ming that organized it. We did a tour of some local back roads with 4 of us, we did a caravan up to Supercar Saturday with 3 of us and 3 of us got together at my house to work on cars before last years Lotus Corps Track Day.

Lotus Track Prep 2011

Supercar Saturday June 2011

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys want to do a downstate drive? If the weather stays dry and more or less sunny we could cruise around, I know a few roads. Ted's garage in Clinton would be a great place to stop for lunch.

Just to stroll around with 4-5 Lotuses would be great, especially down in central IL. Maybe even a few of the chi-town drivers would make a trip.

Family Diner | Clinton, IL

·
Registered
148 Posts
You guys want to do a downstate drive? If the weather stays dry and more or less sunny we could cruise around, I know a few roads. Ted's garage in Clinton would be a great place to stop for lunch.

Just to stroll around with 4-5 Lotuses would be great, especially down in central IL. Maybe even a few of the chi-town drivers would make a trip.

Family Diner | Clinton, IL
I might be interested.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just to let you Peoria guys know, that I bought Ming's Lotus about a year ago and it happily resides in Indy where it is still very active hitting the back roads hard with local Lotus owners. We have a large and active Lotus club in Indy (chill), we clocked up 200 miles on S.Indiana roads just yesterday. If any of you IL guys find yourself Indy way then be sure to let us know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts