The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're having issues with the locking on the car. Trying to show it to a relative today, i thought the door was locked, so i hit the button to unlock it. Turns out it was already unlocked (dad doesn't set the alarm all winter) so the car locked. Now it won't unlock. Hit it once and the car flashes and nothing happens with the locks. Hit it again and it looks like the car tries to lock again. It won't unlock, or doesn't look like it tries to unlock.

'05 Elise, battery is fine. Windows are up and hardtop is on.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
There have been several cars in which the CDL module failed and required replacement.

You can try to unlock the car with a bent coat hanger, pulling up on the lock or you can try to trip the inertia switch. This can be done by smacking into the car simulating a wreck (obviously don't do that) or by jumpering the wires at the inertia switch to trigger it to unlock the car. You can find good pics of the wires, etc in Scottyb's thread: http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16320&highlight=inertia+switch

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
BTW, I'm sure you already know this but, after you get the car unlocked, don't re-lock it with the fob until after the problem (CDL module or otherwise) is correctly addressed. Just use the key. ;)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Ace. I was sure we weren't the first. Did some quick searching, but nothing seemed to match. We were trying to show some relatives, so were looking for some quick suggestions. I do try and search first.

I'll pass that thread to my dad and we'll try and fix whats wrong.

·
Registered
560 Posts
i'm having a similar CDL switch problem all the alarm functions work right-but when i try unlocking with the CDL switch nothing happens.i have to use the fob to unlock myself from inside the car-kinda scary.
so what is the problem finally?how is it fixed.a lotta posts on this subject but i cant figure it out.
has there been a recall on this ?i just went out of warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This has nothing to do with your question

How do you post a new topic on this site. I just became a member and I have some questions to ask about my elise...
thanks-

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
How do you post a new topic on this site. I just became a member and I have some questions to ask about my elise...
thanks-
welcome to ET.

the answers to all your questions may be found via the "Red Pill" in my signature.

·
Registered
560 Posts
i'm having a similar CDL switch problem all the alarm functions work right-but when i try unlocking with the CDL switch nothing happens.i have to use the fob to unlock myself from inside the car-kinda scary.
so what is the problem finally?how is it fixed.a lotta posts on this subject but i cant figure it out.
does the cdl switch or the cdl module need to be replaced or both or what?

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
does the cdl switch or the cdl module need to be replaced or both or what?
Sounds like you are having a switch malfunction, not the cdl module itself, as the fob is still working appropriately.

·
Registered
560 Posts
so i'll start by replacing a $16 switch and see where it takes me....

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
You may want to start by making sure all connections at the switch are good, check the switch, etc prior to starting down the buy this and that road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts