The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the Viper guys -- and a hopefully Lotus Elise or two or three of four and any other cool cars that decide to join.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/sh...=472863&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

meet at Rudy's on 1-35 and 3406 at 1pm -- or earlier and have lunch. Plan is to drive to Marble Falls -- leaving around 1:30-1:45. We'll then be meeting at the 1431 Parmer Auto show in the evening.

Ought to be a fun day in beautiful weather

I work with Jefferson - hopefully his car arrives so he can join us...would love to have your awesome cars out there with us...

·
Registered
825 Posts
A friend of mine posted the thread starter. I showed up with my shiny new Elise (drove straight from the dealership.) My friend was there with his 2005 Viper, plus we had a gen 1 Viper and another friend's SY Elise (identical to mine.) During the drive we picked up an Testarossa.

It was everything you look for in a drive. Beautiful weather, good company, neat cars. At one point the gen 1 Viper got puller over, and we ended up with police officers gather around for pictures and car talk. No tickets.

Afterwards the others went to the weekly Austin informal car show. I had other dinner plans and couldn't make that.

I didn't get any pics, but others did. I'll post if I get copies. Hope AdamP/ATYCLB/Huggy etc can make it next time.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sorry I missed you guys. I've been stuck at home recovering from surgery or I would have brought my Bordeaux Red.

I definitely want to do some drives with the other Elise owners. Girlracer and I tagged along with the Audi club and the route we had was fantastic. It also ran along 1431.

If you all end up going to the sat car show on 1431 one night, let me know and I'll try to meet you there.

-Dave
'05 Lotus Elise (BRP, Touring, Hardtop)
'00 Porsche 996 C2
'03 Evolution VIII
'89 BMW M3

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hey Jefferson,

Trieu here. I finally have a reason to post. I sent you the pictures from our drive but it keeps bouncing from your dell address. Ryan's account from dell bounces as well. Seems like they are filtering gmail accounts?

Saturday car show was fun. I was parked with Chris and Ryan among MANY Vipers. Crazy HP on that row of cars! Anyway here is one of the pics from our drive. I'm off to drive some more and will post later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
hey, I just met TTP at a gas station where we both pulled up randomly in our yellow elises within a few seconds of each other

:clap: :clap:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tru et all.

Awesome day -- only thing better than the weather and the cars was the company.

I had an absolute blast...and thanks for the ride in the Elise...I am so impressed with that car. Never been in anything that moves like it...I don't think it's possible to be more glued to the road.

I certainly want to do it again, and soon.

BTW - the links aren't working...but thanks for sending the pics via email. Made some great friends.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Chris (aka BishopTX) with the white Mamba Viper, Ryan (red Gen 1 Viper) and I meet at Rudy’s for our drive. We wait for Jefferson. He just picked up his Elise and is on the way from San Antonio. Countless people come by to see the cars.

Chris and Ryan in this picture.

The white Mamba. WOW!

The very well kept Gen 1 Viper.

Jefferson arrives and we are one our way. We decide to take I-35 North and west on 1431 to Marble falls and probably head back via 1174. You can see Jefferson’s yellow Elise peeking out at the rear.

Chris in the lead. The only car with a radar dectector.

A shot from my mirror.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
continued

Another…What a beautiful day.

On 1431 twisties minutes before getting pulled over by the Police.

As we wait for Ryan at a gas station a Testarosa stops by and joins our group along with the green Corvette we picked up along the route as well.

Ryan arrives with cops. We thought we were getting ticketed too. Turns out they just wanted to see the cars. Thanks Jonestown Police! Glad we didn’t get ticketed.

We arrive at Marble Falls. Chit chat some more. The sun is saturating these pics as it descends. Nice.

As I’m standing there a British gentleman introduces himself. His name is Kevin Kelly Nix and he says his brother Barry Nix designed the body for the Elise. WOW! He was unaware that the Elises already made it over here and he was just as excited as can be. He says his family has been working for Lotus for the last 14 years. We exchange emails and he says his brother would be in contact with me to get feedback about my experience so far.

We then head back to Austin to the weekly car meet. Lots of Vipers (two 700HP+), C5’s, classics, rat rods, etc. I was the lone Elise. :( All in all a fantastic day! Let’s do this again soon.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
BishopTx said:
Tru et all.

Awesome day -- only thing better than the weather and the cars was the company.

I had an absolute blast...and thanks for the ride in the Elise...I am so impressed with that car. Never been in anything that moves like it...I don't think it's possible to be more glued to the road.

I certainly want to do it again, and soon.

BTW - the links aren't working...but thanks for sending the pics via email. Made some great friends.
The ride in the Mamba was a blast. Thanks again Chris. Great car. I love that red interior!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Sorry I missed this post. We took off work at noon on Wed and didn't check the board until today :(

Still it's probably better since by Sat my car would have been 50lbs heavier due to all the turkey and ham I ate :)

The pictures look great, I wouldn't have mind driving all the way to Austin from DFW, so next time :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts