The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 343 Posts

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
went ahead and ordered my "Certificate of Vehicle Provenance" from the Lotus archives.

Interesting thing is that is list my car as 113 out of 285 Evora NA -eek-
for MY11 for USA market
I thought there were closer to 700 Evoras produced for MY11 in the USA?
This would make our cars much much more rare than I originally thought they were.:coolnana:
Lamborghini has already produced 1000 Aventadors and more than 10000 Gallardos.:p

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nice! I want one of these. How much did you pay?

·
Registered
240 Posts
That is very cool! How do you go about obtaining the Certificate of Vehicle Provenance? And where is the Lotus archives located?

Thank you.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Andy Graham; Technical Publications and Archives
LOTUS AFTERSALES, Units 6 & 7 John Hyrne Way, Longwater Business Park, Costessey, Norwich, Norfolk NR5 0AF England.
T +44 (0)1603 732178 [email protected]

Andy was great to deal with and the document is awesome!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
I believe there were about 75 MY11 Evora S versions shipped to the US. Very rare indeed.

Abe, can you confirm?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I believe there were about 75 MY11 Evora S versions shipped to the US. Very rare indeed.

According to my Certificate of Vehicle Provenance for my 2011 Evora S from October 2011:

"Based on serial number sequence to date, your car is the 69th out of 74 Evora S models made for the USA."

·
Registered
19 Posts
Andy Graham; Technical Publications and Archives
LOTUS AFTERSALES, Units 6 & 7 John Hyrne Way, Longwater Business Park, Costessey, Norwich, Norfolk NR5 0AF England.
T +44 (0)1603 732178 [email protected]

Andy was great to deal with and the document is awesome!
Have to agree. Totally recommend.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
According to my Certificate of Vehicle Provenance for my 2011 Evora S from October 2011:

"Based on serial number sequence to date, your car is the 69th out of 74 Evora S models made for the USA."
Thanks. I need to get a certificate so I can find out my car's place in the series. :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
How did you pay in British $$? Don't they use Euro?

He said to call him with a credit card, tried but the number doesn't work on my phone.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I just dropped off both my certificate and letter today at a trophy place who will be mounting them both on a black plaque. Should take a week and about $50. My wife thinks I'm nuts (so what else is new) but I figure if you got them, you might as well display them.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, I don't need any paper, I just wanted the info emailed to me.
It will still cost ya. Paper is free. It's the info that will cost you.:sad:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I called Andy at Lotus the other day to order my cert. Another guy answered the phone (didn't catch his name). When I asked for Andy and explained what I wanted he laughed and said Andy was already "down in the archives" and "it's going to be quite some time". I think he's a bit overwhelmed by the sudden influx of cert requests due to this thread :D

As Chiro said, we're really paying for the labor of assembling the information.

1 - 20 of 343 Posts