The Lotus Cars Community banner

Certificate of Vehicle Provenance

184322 Views 432 Replies 149 Participants Last post by  TJBNJ
went ahead and ordered my "Certificate of Vehicle Provenance" from the Lotus archives.

Interesting thing is that is list my car as 113 out of 285 Evora NA -eek-
for MY11 for USA market
I thought there were closer to 700 Evoras produced for MY11 in the USA?
This would make our cars much much more rare than I originally thought they were.:coolnana:
Lamborghini has already produced 1000 Aventadors and more than 10000 Gallardos.:p

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Automotive wheel system Auto part

Text Font Document Label Metal
Reactions: RodneyAE
1 - 20 of 433 Posts

· Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Premium Member
2,196 Posts
I believe there were about 75 MY11 Evora S versions shipped to the US. Very rare indeed.

Abe, can you confirm?

· Registered
19 Posts
Andy Graham; Technical Publications and Archives
LOTUS AFTERSALES, Units 6 & 7 John Hyrne Way, Longwater Business Park, Costessey, Norwich, Norfolk NR5 0AF England.
T +44 (0)1603 732178 [email protected]

Andy was great to deal with and the document is awesome!
Have to agree. Totally recommend.

· Premium Member
2,196 Posts
According to my Certificate of Vehicle Provenance for my 2011 Evora S from October 2011:

"Based on serial number sequence to date, your car is the 69th out of 74 Evora S models made for the USA."
Thanks. I need to get a certificate so I can find out my car's place in the series. :)

· Registered
2011 Persian Blue Elise R(S)
815 Posts
I just dropped off both my certificate and letter today at a trophy place who will be mounting them both on a black plaque. Should take a week and about $50. My wife thinks I'm nuts (so what else is new) but I figure if you got them, you might as well display them.

· Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh, I don't need any paper, I just wanted the info emailed to me.
It will still cost ya. Paper is free. It's the info that will cost you.:sad:

· Registered
396 Posts
I called Andy at Lotus the other day to order my cert. Another guy answered the phone (didn't catch his name). When I asked for Andy and explained what I wanted he laughed and said Andy was already "down in the archives" and "it's going to be quite some time". I think he's a bit overwhelmed by the sudden influx of cert requests due to this thread :D

As Chiro said, we're really paying for the labor of assembling the information.

1 - 20 of 433 Posts