The Lotus Cars Community banner

181 - 200 of 344 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Andy Graham for President! When I visited him at the ASO, he showed me what it takes to research and issue these things and it's not as easy as you might imagine. Dusty old tomes of frequently vague and sometime seemingly contradictory info for most of the manufacturing history. No SQL dbase or anything like that unless it's a newer model. Lots of data to sift through, hence the price, which is a bargain considering what he does to put these together so nicely.

·
Illegal Alien
4,690 Posts
Andy Graham for President! When I visited him at the ASO, he showed me what it takes to research and issue these things and it's not as easy as you might imagine. Dusty old tomes of frequently vague and sometime seemingly contradictory info for most of the manufacturing history. No SQL dbase or anything like that unless it's a newer model. Lots of data to sift through, hence the price, which is a bargain considering what he does to put these together so nicely.
Similar to the Winchester rife records that the Cody Museum maintains. Dusty hand written ledgers from over one hundred years ago. They too issue a Certificate of Provenance; unfortunately the old records are not always correct or skimpy at most .. so you can not blame the messenger.

·
Illegal Alien
4,690 Posts
I was told serial numbers are assigned but build sequence is different as they cluster same colors together etc. I don’t know. When I was visiting the factory September a year ago. They had a cluster of European GP Special Editions all together near the end of the line but the VIN’s are all over the board (from 2567 to 2801) so that follows true but then on the line cars were of multi colors?? Rhyme of the day!
For example, I have just found VIN CHA_10165 built Nov 2011 while my CHA_10161 was built Dec 2011 but then go figure my December build was at the dealers before the 165 and mine has the earlier generation steering wheel while even CHA_10156 (built ??) alos has the newer wheel. Number assignment and out the plant date are two different things. I collect old winchesters and found same thing their, SN'as are assigned, rifle build dates are something elese and delivery to teh warehouse something different again; claim is numbers are assigned, parts fro assembly may not be avaiable till later, rifle company 120 yrs ago and car company today are operating the same way.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Certificates ordered

Ordered for Mike's 2005 and my 2006 today. Andy is a really cool guy! Can't wait to receive them....!

·
08 Elise SC
142 Posts
Just noticed this thread. I had lunch with Andy last December and here's an actual photo of him in the archives:

What a great guy. Actually, everyone we met at Lotus was incredibly warm, except for Bahar who walked by us 8 times while filming for the Esprit S1 documentary project and never even said "Hi". Just glared at us like we were toxic. I was waiting on my MY12 Evora S at the time, special order in Burnt Orange, and Andy gave me an orange Matchbox Evora to give my son to hold over his enthusiasm. A really great guy. I also find it hilarious that he drives...a Bullitt Edition Mustang!
I thought I was the only one that was both a Bullitt/Bullitt Mustang & Lotus fanatic. :coolnana: Andy was super nice when I got my certificate, so as a fellow Bullitt nut I surprised him by sending him a fairly rare Bullitt poster that I've had in storage for 12 years.

·
Registered
33 Posts
"the following is the make up of Evora models for Canada as requested;
2010MY: 32 N/A models (none in Ice White),
2011MY: 13 N/A models (1 in Ice White), 14 S models (2 in Ice White),
2012MY: 12 N/A models, 7 S models (none in Ice White),
2013MY: 4 N/A models, 12 S models (none in Ice White),"

I count 6 S models sitting on lots, meaning 27 Privately owned Evora S models in Canada (not incl MY14).

Given the population and the numbers referenced prior in this thread, Canada has a slightly higher Evora density than USA; even though Lotus's are about 15% more expensive here.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
:)

I count 6 S models sitting on lots, meaning 27 Privately owned Evora S models in Canada (not incl MY14).

Given the population and the numbers referenced prior in this thread, Canada has a slightly higher Evora density than USA; even though Lotus's are about 15% more expensive here.
there is one less S on the lot in montreal now:)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Received mine, 1 of 1 MY 11, although with such low production I am sure there are a lot of one off's, interesting fact that mine was owned by Lotus USA and loaned to an INDY race team before being sent to dealer for sale to public, unfortunately they will not divulge which race team. :(

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nickorette,

I'm curious... Since you were able to single out the Ice White in your certificate, can I assume you own one of the MY11? If so, do you own the NA or the S?

Reason I ask is I'm very curious about the S that was listed in Toronto by a non-Lotus dealer, as the price seemed low, and was wondering if there was a story to the car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nickorette,

I'm curious... Since you were able to single out the Ice White in your certificate, can I assume you own one of the MY11? If so, do you own the NA or the S?

Reason I ask is I'm very curious about the S that was listed in Toronto by a non-Lotus dealer, as the price seemed low, and was wondering if there was a story to the car.

S model. Not much of a story, car was/is in perfect condition. Just a dealer that had never sold a Lotus before and priced it agressively to get rid of it at the end of the season.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Okay, so how does one go about getting a COVP from Andy?
Step 1: Go to the beginning of this thread.
Step 2: Read the first page of posts in this thread.
Step 3: Follow instructions and/or links presented in first page of posts in this thread.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Step 1: Go to the beginning of this thread.
Step 2: Read the first page of posts in this thread.
Step 3: Follow instructions and/or links presented in first page of posts in this thread.
rotfl

Okay, I so totally deserved that. Thanks. :up:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wow. Congrats. That was a stellar price on that car, approaching US used pricing IIRC. I was somewhat stunned when I saw it listed at more than $15k less than what Gentry had asked for any of their used S up to that point in time.

S model. Not much of a story, car was/is in perfect condition. Just a dealer that had never sold a Lotus before and priced it agressively to get rid of it at the end of the season.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
My certificate of provenance for my 1974 Europa and the accompanying letter arrived today. Andy is great to deal with. These are great to add to your car's documentation.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Andy just updated me with prices

48 pounds for the ceritificate that has standard info. 72 pounds which includes certificate and vehicle search which shows how many other cars of hte same model year and market have same color and trim as your own and when your car comes in the build sequence.

·
Illegal Alien
4,690 Posts
Andy just updated me with prices

48 pounds for the ceritificate that has standard info. 72 pounds which includes certificate and vehicle search which shows how many other cars of hte same model year and market have same color and trim as your own and when your car comes in the build sequence.
I forget what prices were before, but it is still worth it and Andy, poor guy has reems of data to hunt through.

181 - 200 of 344 Posts