The Lotus Cars Community banner

301 - 320 of 342 Posts

·
Galactic Hitchhiker
377 Posts
What with the massive drop in the Pound Sterling, I decided to jump in and get my certificate a couple of weeks ago, and heard back from Andy this week.

A few interesting things about my MY14 Evora S Manual in Racing Green Metallic: (premium sport black w/red, /tech/backup/forged design wheels)

As far as the "9th rarest of colours on the 14's" USA Racing Green goes, mine is #2 of three MY14 manual Evora S's, (one of the others has the black pack), one of eight total 14's including the IPS's & base, and one of 14 overall including the 3 each in MY12 & 13.

Mine is the only USA racing green with the suede-tex soft trim pack (gearlever gaiter, handbrake gaiter & sleeve, inner door handle and door pocket), making it another "1 of 1".

2014 US Evora numbers:
280 total
31 base
62 IPS
84 S
103 S-IPS

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The 2010 model year saw the introduction of the Evora to the USA and continued into the 2011
model year before the revised trim was introduced in the 2012 model year. The following is based
on serial number sequence and data available to date for the USA 2010 model year Evora only;
Your car is the 18th out of 241 cars,
Your car is the 3rd out of 25 cars in Ardent Red,
Your car is the 2nd out of 16 cars in Ardent Red with black/graphite trim,
Your car is the 1st out of 4 cars in Ardent Red with black/graphite trim with the same factory
options, if we included the distributor optional Star shield which your car did not have this makes
your car the 1st out of 2 cars.
Ardent Red was the 3rd most popular colour out of the 20 different colours used on the US 2010
Evora.

The original body colour was Ardent Red, Lotus paint code B94. The interior was trimmed with
premium black and graphite leather. Factory optional extras were; premium trim pack, sport pack,
sports ratio gearbox, silver forged wheels and tech back with backup camera. The car was
signed from production on the 27th January 2010. The car was exported to the US by Lotus Cars
USA who would retain any history once the car enters the US. Their records show the selling
dealer was Lotus of Austin, Texas who sold the car to a customer also in Austin in March 2010.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I got my actual certs today. I was hoping to do some sort of plaque that would have my match box and a photo as well. I will see what they can come up with.

Well I had this done. I am not sure why this was so tough. I finally had to scan the documents into 8-1/2 x 11 to do this. Oh well I still have the original documents for when I figure something better out in the future. This is great for the garage though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just recieved from Andy Graham for MY2013. S IPS 2+2 Laser Blue.
Wonder if the other two MY2013 Laser Blue owners are on the board?
//////////

The following is for the USA market only. The 2012 model year Evora received the revised interior (including new colours) as well as other revisions and the 2013 model year saw the introduction of the Evora S IPS and the 2014 model year was the last for the Evora in the US there was a break before the introduction of the 2017 Evora 400. The 2013 model year consisted of 26 Evora, 42 Evora IPS, 26 Evora S, 76 Evora S IPS. The following is based on serial number sequence and data available to date for the USA 2013 model year Evora S IPS only; Your car was the 40th out of 76 cars, Your car was the 2nd out of 3 cars in Laser Blue (all 3 cars had ‘Sport’ Ebony black leather trim), Your car was the 1st out of 2 cars in Laser Blue with the same options (the other car had silver forged wheels). Laser Blue was the 9th most popular colour out of the 15 different colours used on the US 2013 Evora S IPS. For the final 2014 model year there were a further 103 Evora S IPS, 6 of them was in Laser Blue. The build total for all Evora models for the US market was 1256 cars between the 2010-2014 M.Y.
I hope you find this information of interest and you enjoy your Evora ownership.
Regards,
Andy Graham Lotus Archives

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
"The build total for all Evora models for the US market was 1256 cars between the 2010-2014 M.Y."

This is a little more than what we had thought. Good to know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
KCZ..yes we find out more with each request. Looks like 9 Laser Blue S IPS 2+2 were imported, 3 of 76 in MY13 and 6 laser blue of 103 built in MY14.. Thats 179 units for the run of 1256 Evora's. These are rare cars now due to the 400. makes one heck of a nice DD..

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
hello
can somebody give the updated link / email of contact person to get the certificate?
thanks

Andy Graham; Technical Publications and Archives
LOTUS AFTERSALES, Units 6 & 7 John Hyrne Way, Longwater Business Park, Costessey, Norwich, Norfolk NR5 0AF England.
T +44 (0)1603 732178 [email protected]

Andy was great to deal with and the document is awesome!
Andy Graham is still the guy doing these, so this info should still be relevant.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
IIRC, he actually has to go down to a storage area and dig through boxes of papers to get the CoP information because it's not in a searchable database somewhere.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I know this is an old thread but it is still amazing to read about how rare my car is. I have a MY14 Laser Blue IPS 2+2, NA. I have a black pack and I am the second owner. Just picked it up in November. I've only seen one picture of a Laser Blue with Black Pack on the internet. Seem to be pretty rare indeed.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I want to order a certificate for my 2017 Evora Sport 410, but I am assuming production for that model year must be over before these stats can be determined. Does anyone know if the 2017s are done, or is this a question for Andy Graham? Thanks!

·
Registered
826 Posts
The 2017 production run appears to be over, so you should be able to order a certificate of Provenance for your 400 model. I talked to Andy Graham a couple weeks ago and ordered mine.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Here is info 2017 metallic orange Evora 400

The new Evora 400 was launched as a 2017 model year to the USA and Canada with the first car leaving production in August 2016. The following is based on serial number sequence and data available to date for the 2017 Evora 400 for the US market only (excludes 410);
Your car was the 151st out of 317 cars,
Your car was the 17th out of 30 cars in metallic orange,
Your car was the 2nd out of 3 cars in all metallic orange (without black pack),
Your car was the only one in all metallic orange with the black leather pack.
Metallic orange was the 7th most popular colour out of 17 different colours used on the US 2017 Evora 400.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Here is info 2017 metallic orange Evora 400

The new Evora 400 was launched as a 2017 model year to the USA and Canada with the first car leaving production in August 2016. The following is based on serial number sequence and data available to date for the 2017 Evora 400 for the US market only (excludes 410);
Your car was the 151st out of 317 cars,
Your car was the 17th out of 30 cars in metallic orange,
Your car was the 2nd out of 3 cars in all metallic orange (without black pack),
Your car was the only one in all metallic orange with the black leather pack.
Metallic orange was the 7th most popular colour out of 17 different colours used on the US 2017 Evora 400.
17 different colors? Did I miss something? I thought there were like 5-6 colors....

301 - 320 of 342 Posts