The Lotus Cars Community banner

161 - 180 of 344 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Well, considering that 13' production is ceased due to the airbag exemption still being sought by Lotus, I'd say that import numbers are relatively nonexistent. :mad:
Is this actually true? Lotus continues to tweet about Evora production and to bring Evora's to all the shows. I'm guessing Evora's are still in production for sale elsewhere, just not in the US. They appear to be focusing their marketing on Europe and Asia anyway.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Just got my certificate and letter in the mail. Sure did make my day!
Turns out I'm 2nd of 4. Can't wait to frame it up.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Here's a pic of what I did with my certificate and letter. In addition is the 2011 Galpin calendar that will forever be on December 2010, and the artist rendering that GAS did of the car.

Let's just hope my driving skills are better than my photography skills.
And it's impossible to tell in the photo, but the backing is actually fake leather that looks like the interior:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Here's a pic of what I did with my certificate and letter. In addition is the 2011 Galpin calendar that will forever be on December 2010, and the artist rendering that GAS did of the car.

Let's just hope my driving skills are better than my photography skills.
And it's impossible to tell in the photo, but the backing is actually fake leather that looks like the interior:cool:
It is nice to have it framed like that. I like art work about my cars in the house.
Good job.
Ron:clap:

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
[email protected] - Copied directly from his response. (caps won't make a difference, that's just how it's displayed in my header)

He always responded to me pretty quickly. My guess is that he did respond and it ended up in your spam folder. Or maybe your emails went to his spam folder. An international ip address is a trigger for many spam filters.

What email service do you use?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
he is very prompt at responding and always enjoys a good chat. Doubt he'll ever read these threads but I made sure to mention how much acclaim he has when I worked with him.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We must be, I've tried to contact him twice in the past few months and have never received a response. did you guys emails him at [email protected] or contact him another way?

M
I guess I spoke (posted?) too soon ... my first email in 2012 must have gone into the great bit-bucket in the sky; but we managed to connect this week. Certificates ordered! Hopefully that will give me enough of a Lotus "fix" until driving weather is back.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
These are so cool. Only 285 NA MY11s. I wonder how many Ss? Maybe total production to USA was about 350?

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
*** Please disregard my post #177 and only refer to #103 for model counts for MY10 through MY12 model years. ***
Please ignore my Post #177 and refer back to post #103: I must have been drunk when doing 177 as numbers are in wrong place. As to #177 errors, 168 should read 158, and 147 ISP 90 S should read 147 S and 90 ISP's. Now at this stage all S's were 6-Spds and all ISP' s were NA's as the ISP-S had not yet been released.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got my Certificate a few weeks ago... haven't got around to positing it until today.

Very fitting as Stormittens came off the assembly line 2 years ago today.

Attachments

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
A buddy came over this weekend and we did some work on his Ducati in my garage. When I walked into the garage, I found him just staring at the Certificate that I had up on the wall. He was blown away that Lotus issued those and just thought it was the coolest thing. I don't disagree.

161 - 180 of 344 Posts