The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really into 12K twill weave after saw the KTM: :D

So, I made a pair of side skirts for me in 12K: :cool: Hope you guys can see the different between 12K vs 6K in the following pictures. :cool:

Then made some CF mudflaps because either I have to cut up the OEM rubber flaps or not put on any flaps. So I made them to replace the OEM:

But I forgot to made them in 12K :eek:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I like the smaller weave, but that is a personal opinion.

I just sort of think that a lot of the carbon fiber you see today, not HKfeavers stuff:D, but the carbon fiber over fiberglass screams "fashion over function". Sort of like Space Tape was in the 90's.

But as Gary Mule Deer said once: "If everybody had the same taste, you would all be after my old lady"

·
Inactive
831 Posts
I use 12k spread fabric.

It doesn't do curves as well, and is harder to handle, but the final product is stiffer because the fibers are closer to being on the same planel

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
12k looks awesome. need close up side by sides. :D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Do we know which pattern Reverie uses for their splitter, side scoops, skirts & spoiler?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I like the 6K. Charles knows that already as I almost have all his parts in 6K. That is my personal opinion.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
12K is for " In case you don't see it " :D

Just like my friend has a yellow 360, last night he came out with his new yellow 430, and we just didn't notice it when he drove by rotflrotflrotflrotfl

You should see his face :D

Reverie uses 3K, 6K and 12K in different parts.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I like the larger 12k weave. IMO it would seem as though you could see the actual "weave" from further away in the right lighting.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hmm, well timed thread. I was just going to wrap the center section of my wing, with 3m vinyl wrap, but I figured I'd try my hand at wrapping it in carbon fiber.
Any specifics on what epoxy resin you use, how you keep it from yellowing and how you get the cf sheet to stay in place until the epoxy dries.

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
I just sort of think that a lot of the carbon fiber you see today, not HKfeavers stuff:D, but the carbon fiber over fiberglass screams "fashion over function". .
"
Especially on a car where form is supposed to follow function but I'm with you. To each their own. Overlays just aren't my cuppa.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts