The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally received the long waiting deployed airbag from Germany.

I am going to make CF steering cover, anyone interested?

·
Registered
905 Posts
<--- This guy!!! Mine looks horrible now. How does it attach?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yes however I may repaint the wheel as well as it has some scratches in the silver paint.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I do need to repaint the silver on my wheel. The airbag cover has some scratches on it as well. Covering up those scratches with a nice CF cover would be great as long as the glue holds.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
what happens if you're in a situation where the airbag deploys through (maybe) a carbon fiber cover? Ouch?? I'm sure I'm missing something i this.

·
Registered
905 Posts
supposedly when this deploys you wont be hit by the current cover so should be fine not hitting the carbon cover as I assume it will be in 2 pieces. The only thing i worry about is if the carbon cover brakes free from the normal airbag cover and goes flying

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Seems as though the airbag would continue to deploy correctly since the only part that'd be CF is the silver part. On the contrary, who doesn't want a face full of CF on-deploy?!

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seems as though the airbag would continue to deploy correctly since the only part that'd be CF is the silver part. On the contrary, who doesn't want a face full of CF on-deploy?!
You got the million dollar answer. Once it done, I will send you one. :cool:

I only make the silver part, not the center black colour part. And you can see that deployed airbag, only the center part open up not the silver part.

Glue, silicon will be fine, otherwise epoxy is for good.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Since this should be very budget item, so whoever want this just PM me, and I will make them and no need to pay in advance.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will make 10pcs, 5 in glossy and 5 in matte initially. But the worldwide postal cost may be same as the parts :eek:

·
Registered
905 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
233 Posts
In for matte

Will PayPal give you trouble again?

Sent from my GT-I9000M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 185 Posts