The Lotus Cars Community banner

Spark Plug Cover without any logo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Planning to make this for a while, but the trouble is I can't use Lotus Brand nor Logo on them.
One solution is to measure a commonly available high quality Lotus decal or even a Lotus badge and then form a raised circle in the CF where it would fit. This would still look like factory custom...

That way a buyer can choose to add their own logo...

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I might buy if the price is right. As mentioned earlier, as long as there is a flat spot on the valve cover where I could mount a Lotus badge (same badge as the one on the car's nose)... Of course that adds another $50 or so to the total cost...

·
shay2nak
25,000 Posts
yeah, just use the raised letters and the steering wheel badge or something.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Don't see a reason to have over the stock ones. Doesn't have a purpose that I can think of.

the factory covers are super boring & plain when the lid is popped...

imo CF would be a nice touch to add...

i support the making of blank ones & just leave it to others if they want to put badges & stuff on (i personally wouldn't want anything written on my covers)

i would certainly be interested in both injector & plug covers as long as they don't have Reverie price tags attached to them

hopefully more people become interested as im sure that will keep the price lower

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I dont like the raised lettering. paint in a dark metallic grey would be best, under a coat of clear.
Kinda defeats the purpose of getting carbon fiber imo? Especially on a non-exterior part

Keep the weave showing, otherwise keep the plastic covers...

im surprised so many people want to put decals & stuff on CF peices around here...

:confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts