The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Thanks; I didn't want to change the established Exige scoop design, so the shape, and size of the scoop are the same as the stock but just a couple of inches higher and forward to make better use of the Exige's aerodynamics.

I was inspired by Adrian Newey's GT3 roof scoop.
You can own that very car! Just give Hayes at WireWheel a call!

·
Registered
2009 Exige 260 Sport
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Was there a finish to this project. Was looking very cool.
I'm currently in Hawaii, my friend picked up my car last Saturday to fit the CF halves before bonding them together, I'm picking the car up in the second week in May.

·
Registered
2009 Exige 260 Sport
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Here are the latest photos of the first CF pulls from the molds, my friend is unhappy with the CF joint at the base of the scoop and therefore it's a remake until his OCD is satisfied. BTW, that's his flying SUV in the background.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Exige 260 Sport
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
The CF top and bottom halves have been bonded with structural adhesive, the scoop is test fitted to my car.

The interface with the A-pillar is secured by a cup that captures the protruding plastic box for the front metal pin tension attachment, the B-pillar uses the same OEM screw that holds the black plastic OEM part - no drilling no modification to any OEM surface or part.

Attachments

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Seems it will no longer store in trunk, or will there be panels that attach to this to give full roof?

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
finally got mine done. narrow weather window between rain and heat , so it will get used for a few weeks now and in the fall

It fits in the trunk, so one coudl carry a soft top and trade off in case of rain
I have the side scoops active for the intercooler, so this is really just for looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Exige 260 Sport
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Nice, very similar to my original idea because how unfinished the small hole in the B-pillar looks without the top. My friend and I are OCD, him more so, so you know how mission creeps tend to progress. Here are the latest photos of the clear gel coat before sanding and polish.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Exige 260 Sport
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
How much for the no roof scoop?
I'm not sure what you mean? Just the CF roof? or Just the scoop?

Please PM me with your questions.

I'm currently in HI and will be back in CA to see the final scoop the first week in August.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
If there's enough interest for a group buy, please let me know - my friend who made this is currently in Europe for a few weeks.
I'm definitely in for the full-roof version(pending price of course). Might be easier to gauge interest with GB interest thread? That way you could keep track of the number interested.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts