The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I made it. The car is here in the Optima Batteries booth at SEMA. Here's a shot of the car before the doors even open to the general public:
Also, check out the website. It went live today. www.prototypecomposites.com
Thanks to all of you for your support!:coolnana:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Bring home some Booth Babes (TM), would ya pal?! ;)

Have a blast at SEMA, congrats! :clap:

Thomas

·
Registered
521 Posts
Amazing Mike, simply amazing.

I bet I speak for many saying I wish I could be there.

Lucky you who are @ Sema.

·
Registered
509 Posts
There are no words to illistrate how awesome that is :drool:

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
An s1 exige, in las vegas, in carbon fibre,....and me with an exhibitors pass , a tow truck and a crowbar.
You are going to need some 100% agave tequila, too. Don't ask why, just do it.

Thomas

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
As my attorney do you suggest hiring a cadillac too ?

Sorry mike for the mini hijack, i think the car looks awesome too though, i'm going to head down there to see if i can 'see' it now, now where did i put my spare battery, slim jim and ronald regan mask.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
As your attorney, I suggest that you drive that thing like you stole it! (Oh, that should be easy... since you ARE stealing it!)

Thomas

·
Registered
99 Posts
Something this sexual should be banned from the internet :drool:

Looks absoltutely stunning. :bow: Well worth the time spent. Keep us posted about the magazine :up:

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
We want pictures of BoothBabes(TM)! ;)

Charlie - did you steal, err, "see" the car yet?

Thomas

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Well, I made it. The car is here in the Optima Batteries booth at SEMA. Here's a shot of the car before the doors even open to the general public:
Also, check out the website. It went live today.
Finally!!! An Exige that is incredibly costly to repair the most minor booboo.

All kidding aside, very nice looking work. Definitely a niche market for a car like that.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Finally!!! An Exige that is incredibly costly to repair the most minor booboo.

All kidding aside, very nice looking work. Definitely a niche market for a car like that.
It is a purpose-built track car, period. The niche market = exactly one person: the one who commissioned the car.

Thomas

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
It is a purpose-built track car, period. The niche market = exactly one person: the one who commissioned the car.

Thomas
Hehe. Odd choice for a purpose built track car. Race cars are designed with panels that break off easily and replaced cheaply and easily. This is important even for guys with the big budgets b/c track cars don't stay pretty for long. Even the 211 follows this model b/c Lotus knows that guys that track cars want cars that repair easily. Well...most guys. This car is really off the mark for the purported scope.

I'm sure the one who bought it is quite wealthy. Perhaps that is the real purpose of the car. To show the world how wealthy he/she is. I'm only impressed if said customer was smart enough to also commission several sets of spare body panels so that minor body damage doesn't mean huge downtime.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
beautiful....yet evil at the same time. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hehe. Odd choice for a purpose built track car. Race cars are designed with panels that break off easily and replaced cheaply and easily.
Don't mar my project with your price taggery, you completely missed the point. The car is at SEMA to let people know of my business and its capabilities.

My client, of which you so ignorantly speak, now has a set of molds at the ready. When panels become damaged, I can repair them by putting them back in the mold and get them back to him in a week.

Try getting that done at the dealership for your S1 Exige, let me know how that works out for you.

When a panel is beyond repair, I can make new ones and have them on the car before you even get a chance to complain about how much money it may or may not cost, or how much money someone else may have.

Sounds pretty stupid, huh?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts