41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Looks amazing, congrats and good job on the hard work :D

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
The S1 makes the S2 look a little civilized. If I could drive one on the road, I'd be all about the S1.

T.
yep, s2 is watered down compared to s1. :mad:

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Interesting horsepower claims.....
I think that the 3 is supposed to be a 2, and that is a RWHP figure. Could be wrong though...

Thomas

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
201 hp in the sock TSX motor, 311 hp in the built realtime motor. Interesting, no?

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
201 hp in the sock TSX motor, 311 hp in the built realtime motor. Interesting, no?
So that *is* correct... damn, no WONDER that car goes like a bat out of hell!!!!

Thomas

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
You were driven around with the stock motor. We took delivery of the race engine just before SEMA

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
You were driven around with the stock motor. We took delivery of the race engine just before SEMA
Oh good GOD man! :eek: So the car has 50% more power now than when I got a ride? You won't get me in that car again!!!

(Note: to put things in perspective, I thought that the car felt like a superbike with the 201 HP engine.)

Out of control Damn, damn, DAMN!

Thomas

·
Registered
191 Posts
it looks amazing.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was fortunate enough to visit Mike's shop with Thomasio this past week and by far no picture has yet captured the beauty of this automobile. I saw a lot of Prototype Composite's work there (the CF Cup roof... :drool: ) and it's so much better quality than other CF parts I've seen. He's got my order for a new chin spoiler/splitter! :clap:

Thomas and Mike - good to meet you both and hope to meet up with you guys again soon.

Tom

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
I was fortunate enough to visit Mike's shop with Thomasio this past week and by far no picture has yet captured the beauty of this automobile. I saw a lot of Prototype Composite's work there (the CF Cup roof... :drool: ) and it's so much better quality than other CF parts I've seen. He's got my order for a new chin spoiler/splitter! :clap:

Thomas and Mike - good to meet you both and hope to meet up with you guys again soon.

Tom
Nice to meet you too Tom. Next time we'll need to get a brew.

Thomas

·
Registered
4,911 Posts

I talked with Peter Cunningham (owner of Realtime Racing) and the mechanic who builds their RSX race cars (this was a year ago) and they would only claim 276hp out of the TSX engine... But they did say it was bulletproof and forgiving of missed shifts, so I guess they found more head room.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
I talked with Peter Cunningham (owner of Realtime Racing) and the mechanic who builds their RSX race cars (this was a year ago) and they would only claim 276hp out of the TSX engine... But they did say it was bulletproof and forgiving of missed shifts, so I guess they found more head room.
RTR is a customer of Prototype Composites, and that's an RTR engine. They must have found some power. Peter drives that M5, right? That car is sick!

Thomas

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
I can't and if I could, I would not publish anything specific about RealTime's World Challenge spec motors. That's for them to know and for the competition to whine about.

This motor has all sorts of freedom in that there isn't a rule book dictating what we can do with performance enhancements. There's a lot of extra performance work done on this motor that would be considered illegal in World Challenge. I would guess that what you were told last season about RealTime's motor was correct. By the way, the name RTR left with the Nissan.

My favorite part about this car is that everything works, and works well. This is a reliable TRACK car. The fact that it went to SEMA, (and hopefully PRI if I'm lucky), almost depleats the concept that this is not a show car and was built to be used and abused. Yes, it's pretty and has lots of power, but inside it's ALL business.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
Sports Car, (SCCA mag), put a picture in their current magazine claiming the car was mine. If I could only convince the owner of this...........

The car may end up in the East coast, but if it doesn't.....

Autobahn in the Spring anyone?

By the way, no plans for the S2 clams as of yet. I'd like to work something out with Lotus before pursuing anything with the S2 Exige or Elise.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts