The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody read the initial test drives of the new Challenger in the current Automobile/R & T/Motor Trend issues???

Jeez, what a PIG. Well over two tons. Over 700 lbs heavier than a Mustang GT. Overall much bigger than the new Mustang.

Under the body, it's a slightly shortened Charger SRT8. All the reviews pan the interior, the ride, pretty much everything about the way the car actually drives.

So much for the new pony car wars, dodge is bringing a Clydesdale to the table.

Over $40K for the SRT8 Challenger! This is going to go the way of the retro T Bird, will have the look but that's about it.

Hopefully Chevy will get a bit closer to the mark with the new Camaro.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Hopefully Chevy will get a bit closer to the mark with the new Camaro.
+1
As an ex-60's Camaro guy, I'm looking forward to seeing that thing in the flesh.
:up:

Imagine one in Penske colors!
:clap:

Don't know much about the Challenger other than I thought they did a decent job with the exterior. Would have only bought (a white) one so I could get a plate that said "VNSHPT" (6 digits here).
;)

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I think the Camaro will be a MUCH better car in every way. It's based on the new Pontiac GT platform which is receiving good reviews.

The Challenger has so much wrong with it. VERY heavy. 5 speed AUTOMATIC. Camaros will eat it for breakfast. Hell, Lotus Elises are probably faster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts