The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I decided to go ahead and do the fluid changes today. Advance Auto had a special on Mobil1 Oil (5 qts.)and filter $29.99.

I also bought 3 Quarts of transmission oil. It wasn't on sale. Around 31 bucks for the oil. I bought a pump for that.

I removed the rear wheel and did the air filter. Since I did the snorkel delete last time I changed it, it was barely dirty. It didn't look like a shop vac filter. I strongly recommend the snorkel delete for this reason.

See pics below....

Attachments

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
You do realize that Mobil 1 isn't a true synthetic anymore right? Ever since that whole legal battle with Castrol.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ummmm.... my bottles say fully synthetic. So I have no Idea what you are talking about

Attachments

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
What is most cool is that your GF's son actually helped out. :up:

Most kids would rather stay inside playing a video game....heaven forbid any activity that requires being physical. :panic:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah he was thrilled to help out . He learned alot I think.

So I took it for a test drive and got everything nice and warm. The shifting is smoother for sure. Although to make it any smoother I will have to do some of the shifter mods.

Just something about driving after doing an oil change...some how feels like everything is running so much better.

·
Registered
278 Posts
"My girlfriends son installed the wheel arch liner and helped me reinstall the undertray. "

Where's Tom Leykis when you need him??? :cool:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Didn't drive the Honda today.. Brought the Exige S. :cool:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Sure..........make the kid do all the work while YOU take pictures !!! rotfl-poke-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts