The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'd figured I'll do mines while I'm bleeding my brakes, changing my oil, putting in my new Pulley, and RLS Intercooler, but no one wants to ship to me?

My favarite store (Amazon) and SummitRacing said couldn't be ship/sold for use in California? WTH? I assume maybe HAZMAT type deal.

But hopefully EBay will come thru as I was able to successfully order it from there...

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
I'd figured I'll do mines while I'm bleeding my brakes, changing my oil, putting in my new Pulley, and RLS Intercooler, but no one wants to ship to me?

My favarite store (Amazon) and SummitRacing said couldn't be ship/sold for use in California? WTH? I assume maybe HAZMAT type deal.

But hopefully EBay will come thru as I was able to successfully order it from there...
wow, really? Sh*tbox CA. IIRC I bought one from Amazon last year. Buy it from Blackwatch Racing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Was able to change mines today with the parts listed on here. After 5-6 tries with the syringe siphon tube, I pulled out ~100ml. It was the color of new car oil (amber). I don't think it's ever been change (75k on the od)o. The new oil I got -which was clear in color-came in 118ml (4 oz) and I used all of it. I couldn't tell the difference with the change (unlike car oil changes) but gives me piece of mind for ~$20 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Well obviously there is a leak.......not over worried as it appears to be slow

Will keep an eye.

Based off the supercharger design, there's really only a few places it could leak.
- into the shafts of the SC screws and into the area where the screws are.
- out of the main seal to the SC body from the neck.
- out of the screws holding it to the body.
- out of the end of the neck by the pulley. Should be easy to figure out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I was doing a maintenance blitz and figured what the hey so I swapped out my oil.

I understand color may not have any significance, but it sure made me feel better...

What your looking at is 10k miles with a 2.9" pulley. I swap the oil out regularly so yes , this is what 10k miles on a mp62 using a 2.9" pulley oil looks like.

In one image the sun is in front of syringes and in the other sun is in back.

also I understand it's not the same amount in each syringe. I pulled more out, measured and only put back in what I took out. No leaks to SC. Previous thread Odyssey bear that out...

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Once again, you guys are the best. Just bumping this awesome thread in case anyone has questions, like I did about this process.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
I was doing a maintenance blitz and figured what the hey so I swapped out my oil.

I understand color may not have any significance, but it sure made me feel better...

What your looking at is 10k miles with a 2.9" pulley. I swap the oil out regularly so yes , this is what 10k miles on a mp62 using a 2.9" pulley oil looks like.

In one image the sun is in front of syringes and in the other sun is in back.

also I understand it's not the same amount in each syringe. I pulled more out, measured and only put back in what I took out. No leaks to SC. Previous thread Odyssey bear that out...
Just regular driving (street & canyon)? No track miles?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Stupid question time. I was wondering if anyone has fitted a fill plug onto the the MP45 supercharger?

My A120E0041F Eaton MP45 is giving me signs that it may be low on oil. It appears that it has sweat oil out, and it's gotten noisier lately. It's growling a bit, and I benched the car right after I noticed the sound. I'm planning on pulling the clam in the next week or so to pull the SC because I can't see any other way to get it out. While I am assuming that I need to do this to reseal the cone and housing to prevent future seepage (I'll also change coupler while I'm at it), I was wondering if anyone has input on drilling a fill hole into the cone and mounting a fill plug there to avoid having to pull the clam and remove theSC for future oil changes.

I know the drain hole on the MP45 is lower than the required 4 oz fill, and since I autocross and will have to change the oil on a regular basis. My thoughts are if I can put a fill hole near the top, it could be changed like any other oil on the car, drain (and suck out) the oil from the bottom, and fill from the top without the removal of the clam. Has anyone considered this? I haven't laid eyes on the inside of the cone, but assume there should be some room to make this mod to make changes easier.

Thoughts?

While I'm asking dumb questions, I thought I ask about pulling the SC. Is it only the 5 bolts and nuts on the intake manifold and a support bracket on the back that holds the SC in place? Is it possible to pull it without removing the clam, or am I better off to pull the clam as it saves time in the end?

·
Registered
1 Posts
To add to Jackal-44 questions..

Can you not change the oil on an MP45 without removing the thing from the car?

I'm trying to find out the process for the MP45 and struggling to find anything. Anyone have an MP45 info?

81 - 94 of 94 Posts