The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into completely blacking out my Starlight Black Elise and am looking at buying the black Lotus badge kit from BWR:

Black Lotus Badges, Lotus Exterior Products - Blackwatch Racing

At almost $400, I want to make sure that I'm not simply getting vinyl stickers that I could buy off eBay at a fraction of this cost. Has anyone purchased these badges from BWR, and if so, are they quality and worth it?

Mike

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yep. I got mine from them a couple of years back and they are legit. The front badge is an exact copy of the stock badge, only in black. Be careful removing the front badge. The tape Lotus used is vicious. A heat gun on low temp is your friend.

Corvus

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
Black Lotus Nose Badge

You're kidding, right? Nearly $400 for a nose badge? When I bought my car new from South Bay in 2007, I knew I wanted the black nose badge, and they provided what I believe is a genuine Lotus part. They were dropping the Lotus brand, so I got it for about $10, but I don't believe the actual cost at a dealer would be as much as $100. Did you check with Keinayo, or your local Lotus dealer?

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yep. I got mine from them a couple of years back and they are legit. The front badge is an exact copy of the stock badge, only in black. Be careful removing the front badge. The tape Lotus used is vicious. A heat gun on low temp is your friend.

Corvus
Fishing line worked back and forth like dental floss is great and will cut through the adhesive tape. Then you can just remove the leftover adhesive with Goo Gone or just by using some of it and sticking it to itself to pull up what is left.

And for that price if someone wants to make me an offer for mine, fire away!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. $400 is for the entire replacement kit. This kit includes the nose badge, rear badge and four wheel cap badges. The nose badge is $195 alone with the four wheel cap badges at $120. Still pricy. That's why I want to make sure its quality stuff. Now that I know the nose badge is made of quality, I'm more worried about the wheel cap badges. Are they simply vinyl stickers or thicker material?

Thanks again.

Mike

·
Registered
640 Posts
Wheel badges are same quality. Keep in mind these were much, much cheaper years back. But Lotus stuff shot up in price two or so years ago, sometimes as much as 200%!

Corvus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts