The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m changing brakes on on my 94S4 the issue I’m having is once I put it all together on the rotor I’m not getting in fluid pressure through the caliper. Has anyone else had this issue ?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
If you can't get fluid to the caliper it could be a bad hose. If it does turn out to be a bad hose you should change all of them.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
812 Posts
Could the ABS system be causing an issue?

Like the pressure you are applying is filing up the accumulator and has not worked its way all the way though yet?

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,863 Posts
To clarify,

The Esprits with the Delco ABSIII system will only pump fluid into the rears hydraulics when the engine is running and the pedal is depressed somewhat.

Are you following the bleed procedure in the Service Notes?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is Delco, I haven’t tried turning it on , but I recently got it so I don’t have service notes for it

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,863 Posts
Sent a PM.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carbuff thanks for the PM I got it figured out! Very much appreciated thanks everyone for the info

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Are you going to keep us wondering about what you found? For the historical record it is useful to record what works and what doesn't to fix these problems.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about that , had to turn the key over didn’t need to start it all the way , and allow the pump to the receiver , who owned the car before me botched and by passed the wiring to my ABS so now I’m trying to figure that out, also the pressure release on my turbo sounds like a turkey gobbler lol, is that normal?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
So it was not following the proper procedure that caused your problem? The Delco ABS system is a bit quirky in that to bleed and flush the system properly you must follow the proper procedure explicitly.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
1 Posts
So it was not following the proper procedure that caused your problem? The Delco ABS system is a bit quirky in that to bleed and flush the system properly you must follow the proper procedure explicitly.
David Teitelbaum
He did say that he didn’t have service notes for the car David. Kind of hard to follow procedure explicitly without service notes.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,863 Posts
, also the pressure release on my turbo sounds like a turkey gobbler lol, is that normal?
Thanks

Do you have a BOV (blow off valve)? Those were a popular mod but they were not factory installed. Some BOVs can stick or chatter.

PS: we always run the engine while bleeding brakes because you might run the battery down. Yellow Hornet knows this, LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you going to keep us wondering about what you found? For the historical record it is useful to record what works and what doesn't to fix these problems.
David Teitelbaum
I'm assuming user above sent him the service notes in the PM...he then followed the procedure for bleeding the air out and fixed them?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I was given some direction and steps to take to get this issue fixed I appreciate those that help, if there was any confusion I apologize, like I mentioned early I just recently got the car, it’s my first the previous owner neglected it and didn’t do the proper maintenance.I am going through and changing the breaks spark plugs wires oil ect. I’m always finding new things to work on i don’t have the service notes I don’t have prior knowledge on this car , the notes I will get. If I had the answers and knowledge I would not have the need to reach out and ask for advice. Again thanks you for those that have been a continued help with me as this is an on going learning process for me.

·
Registered
290 Posts
JRSMagic, congrats on getting an Esprit. Some of the biggest problems for Esprits are the P.O.s not doing the maintenance, do you know about changing the timing belt and tension bearing . If that's on your list of things to do, move it up to #1 also at that time check the crankshaft sprocket for cracks ( ask me how I know ,LOL ) . Esprits are great FUN ,once you get them all straightened out.:clap:

·
Car Adicted
250 Posts
Dude, You are doing great with the new (Old) car. Like all old cars it is a learning experience and as the current caretaker ....care for it the best you can and enjoy driving it. I have a 98 V8 and can honestly say everytime I take it out I recognize it is a special car. I still have plenty of projects to do on it, Dont let the projects overwelm you and get to them when you can. You rarely if ever see another one on the road at the same time, which I love. There are great owners and resources on this forum that will help you at a moments notice. Enjoy the car first and formost. It will all work out OK!! Mark Seifert

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I appreciate the words, I love the car it’s been my dream car since I was a kid and finally was able to get one. The projects are part of the passion for it, I love that you never see them around , I’m still a huge fan of all of em

1 - 17 of 17 Posts