The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how I can change the steering wheel Lotus badge from yellow to black?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Take the old steering wheel badge off, install new black badge.

Or get one of the sticker badges and place it over the old badge.

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but how does one remove the yellow steering wheel badge without cracking the plastic mount? Where do you get the small black badge to replace? How does it attach?

·
Registered
736 Posts
I heated mine up with a blown dryer and carefully used a butter knife with a paper towel under it so as not to scratch or gouge the steering wheel parts, and pried up the edges, then peeled it off.
The actual black and silver logo I got from Chuforia Graffix. Good ol' SweetDaddyD. It'll just stick right into the spot where ya took the other one out. Perfect fit.
Cheers,

·
Registered
736 Posts
Forgot to include that if you need a visual.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I've seen it *NOT* recommended to remove the existing yellow badge, as that tampering with it can release the air bag unintentionally.

Just take Chufforia's sticker and place right on top over the existing yellow badge. Saves the hassle of A) trying to remove the badge and B) getting a face full of airbag

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
yeah, i'd feel retarded if I put one of those ebay badges on the airbag and it ends up taking an eye out. that'll ruin your day.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I really don't think you have to worry about triggering the airbag when you remove the badge on the wheel. The trigger is activated by g-forces. If it was that easy to trigger the air bags, we would have all kinds of broken arms from people pushing on that center badge thinking its a horn.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I always wondered about just installing the stick on badge over the existing one. Then existing badge already has a contour and the new badge is not that flexible and it also has some thickness to it... I always wonder if it would look funny or if the edges are going to lift off after a while.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Considering the badge is designed to separate and lift off at airbag deployment, is it really worth the risk to not just stick the new badge over the old one? No. Call me overly conservative but I'd rather not risk airbag deployment just to stick on a new badge. My 2 cents

·
Registered
414 Posts
Dunno, I guess that I would disconnect the battery before working on the steering wheel. Then again, you could also die from your battery exploding, or from tripping while getting out of the car...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts