The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My S240 was delivered with temp readings in degrees Celsius. My battery went flat after a malfunction with a new stereo head unit and now after a recharge, the temp readings are in degrees Fahrenheit. Does anyone know how to change it back?

:crazyeyes

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Should be in the owners manual..... as I remember, it's pretty easy to do. :shrug:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I must add that I've lost my owner's manual in an accident so can't look it up. I've re-ordered the manual but still waiting for it.
:(

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I've spent 45 minutes this morning trying to find any information in the service manual, which I would assume has more information than the owners manual. Nothing mentioned there about switching from Farenheit to Celsius or vice versa..:shrug:

·
Registered
198 Posts
anyone

Still can't find this info.:shrug:
I'm surprised, I thought you guy's knew everything. rotfl
Anyone want to except the challenge, there will be a big big prize to the winner.:cool:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'd like mine to read out in Kelvin, but maybe that's just me.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I must add that I've lost my owner's manual in an accident so can't look it up. I've re-ordered the manual but still waiting for it.
:(
No help on the re-programming, but there is a down loadable copy of the Owner's Manual available - check this thread.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I cant seem to find it in my owners manual (07manual with 08 supplement) - maybe because it defaults to Farenheit, it is not in our manual....

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I know I've seen it somewhere before but for the life of me I can not find it anywhere. It's been driving me nuts for days.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I've got an idea. Let's see if I can recruit some help here...

Edit: Recruitment letter sent ;).
Don't make it so thrilling...!
I want to finally ba able to associate a real temperature to my gauge reading, and Fahrenheit still doesn't do it for me...:p
I know that 190 is good, 220'ish is still ok, and 250 is too much, but that doesn't really tell me all that much.
I need my degrees in Celsius!!! :panic:

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
You may have stumbled into a way of changing the readout. Lotus say that it can't be changed :shrug:
Michael
Hi

My S240 was delivered with temp readings in degrees Celsius. My battery went flat after a malfunction with a new stereo head unit and now after a recharge, the temp readings are in degrees Fahrenheit. Does anyone know how to change it back?

:crazyeyes

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
flat battery shouldn't cause any problems since the power is removed from the cluster every time you turn the key off. the ecu always works in metric units then the cluster does the conversion, i'm not aware of a way to change it, they're preset at the factory as metric/third world when they're made.

i'm sure there is a way to change it, but it'll require special tooling.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The display can not be changed with the press of a button or disconnecting the battery. The display is all dependent on what ECU you have in the car. The only way to change the display is to swap the ECU. Sounds like your memory may be deceiving you.

Jordan

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Unless something changed on the 240 ( which seems unlikely, i just checked the 08 240 cluster its basically the same as the previous models and theres a very good reason why they're preset to the country ;) ) Jordan is mistaken, the ecu always provides information in metric units, swapping it won't do anything, its the cluster thats different, there are many regional variations for the cluster.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Unless something changed on the 240 ( which seems unlikely, i just checked the 08 240 cluster its basically the same as the previous models and theres a very good reason why they're preset to the country ;) ) Jordan is mistaken, the ecu always provides information in metric units, swapping it won't do anything, its the cluster thats different, there are many regional variations for the cluster.
My info came directly from our Lotus Factory Rep. He may have meant I/C but he told me ECU. I am not trying to argue with you about this though as your knowledge of the Lotus ECU far surpasses mine. haha

Jordan

1 - 20 of 27 Posts