The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the quick-release connectors that are on the charcoal canister designed for pressure -and- vacuum operating conditions? They seem kind of dodgy to me, like the seal is not that effective. Are they quick-release rather than clamped primarily to allow pressure testing of the evap system?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
probably not.. they are quick release probably for the ease of assembly.. I haven't seen a single maufacturer who doesn't use quick release on any modern car.. same with fuel systems..

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, so if they are used only for assembly cost, how well do they work? It seems like these connectors are not very bomber...a direct connection would be much more secure. I am wondering if some of the guys troubleshooting "gas smells" are experiencing leaks from these connectors.

probably not.. they are quick release probably for the ease of assembly.. I haven't seen a single maufacturer who doesn't use quick release on any modern car.. same with fuel systems..

·
Registered
132 Posts
There's an O-ring inside the connector to form the seal.

It's weird, they go on and off with virtually no effort, but I watched the dealer pump smoke into the system via the port covered by the green cap, and no leaky.

·
Registered
438 Posts
well fuel systems better be sealed :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts