The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Integrator
2,792 Posts

·
Dreaded Prior Owner
722 Posts
That's the $99 cooler I integrated into my intake manifold. I didn't worry to much about the perfect cooler design as I was going from no cooler at all, but the large water capacity and bulk of aluminium probably help vs the small cooler he was testing against. The pressure drop should also be less on the Ebay unit with it's 4x10" cross section across the flow.

I'm guessing that his testing with such a low flow rate might not scale to real world engine conditions, but a bigger cooler is going to have an advantage regardless. On my car this core cuts my peak Turbo out temps in half, maxing at maybe 35C MAT

·
Project Addicted
378 Posts
That's the $99 cooler I integrated into my intake manifold. I didn't worry to much about the perfect cooler design as I was going from no cooler at all, but the large water capacity and bulk of aluminium probably help vs the small cooler he was testing against. The pressure drop should also be less on the Ebay unit with it's 4x10" cross section across the flow.

I'm guessing that his testing with such a low flow rate might not scale to real world engine conditions, but a bigger cooler is going to have an advantage regardless. On my car this core cuts my peak Turbo out temps in half, maxing at maybe 35C MAT
Can you share a picture of your setup?? Did you change pistons to forged?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I was thinking a larger airflow would be a better test. If the cheap intercooler had poor airflow it might look better in a test with unmeasured flow. If it was pulling heat out the coolant should have gotten hotter, I would think

1 - 6 of 6 Posts