The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Whoa, do you really have a cizeta? Is it the red one I saw at the BH Father's Day car show?

PS Im asking my gf if she is willing to do this event. If so you got 2 cars coming out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the support those that are attending.

FYI, they have 50 kids lined up from the Braille Institute, but so far only 26 cars attending, so we're at a shortage of cars. This is for a good cause, please support this event if you have the time.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm planning on driving again this year in the Atom. Challenging car for this type of event, but very fun. :D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I want to put in a plug for the Braille Institute, it's a great organization!

EDIT: I am officially signed up now for the event now. :up:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
PS Im asking my gf if she is willing to do this event. If so you got 2 cars coming out.
Also if she doesn't want to drive it looks like they could use course workers. My SO is coming out too so one of us will drive, the other volunteer.

Also registration is due tomorrow, July 5th!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
sounds like a great cause. i'm signing up as well.
That's great! So what's our total # of LTers?

1) Jet-X
2) Murix
3) DmBrown
4) esoteric
5) RachElise
6) Mr. Woolery
7) mikehall

·
Registered
492 Posts
I am registered and will be there.

How many of the people going have done this type of thing before? I just received the instructions from Pat and need some coaching - this is new to me.

·
Registered
265 Posts
the ventura county star will (most likely) be there to do a story on the rally. do we have any other drivers from v. county here, and if so, any that would like to do an interview or photo op?..let me know!!!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
So it sounds like you as a driver are paired with a kid who has a visual impairment and the kid has the navigation directions in Braille. To test out their Braille skills they are learning they will read you the directions for you to follow. (Since the Institute is teaching them Braille.) They also mentioned that some of the kids are low vision and use enlarged print instead of Braille. It sounds like the rally has check points and that is where you stop and start the clock because they allow breaks in between. Didn't you get the impression there is even a lunch break or snack break where they stop the clock? I personally am not aiming to win this rally, sounds like it is more about hanging out with your navigator/student.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm not aiming to will either - rather not planning to get completely lost!.

I think I'll bring my GPS along - just in case.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I spoke with the person in charge of registration the other day and she said that they are set for drivers. I'm going over to see if I can volunteer for helping at one of the check points or whatever else they may need.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I received an e-mail late yesterday afternoon saying that due to some students dropping out they now have too many drivers for the event and are asking for people to do others jobs instead.

I guess they still need volunteers, so if you have the time please come along and help out.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts