The Lotus Cars Community banner

What would be the main expectation for this event?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to arrange a 2 day event in PDX...

Charlie X, dyno, race shop, suspension guru, install shop...typeevent! I would like to gauge interest, just so I know what to prepare for! I have talked to 2 well known local vendors, secured the dyno, thinking about the weekend after July 4th...Friday 7/10, then again 7/11 possibly. Pacific NW welcome, more the merrier...all lotus folks also!:coolnana:

·
Registered
557 Posts
I am starting to arrange a 2 day event in PDX...

Charlie X, dyno, race shop, suspension guru, install shop...typeevent! I would like to gauge interest, just so I know what to prepare for! I have talked to 2 well known local vendors, secured the dyno, thinking about the weekend after July 4th...Friday 7/10, then again 7/11 possibly. Pacific NW welcome, more the merrier...all lotus folks also!:coolnana:
What shops?

I'm probably game. Maybe more punter than buyer, but i'm game. Wouldn't mind checkin' out/getting hooked up with the +8 NA tune with the VVTi drop though... tempting. Besides, I'm overdue for a trip back "home", all my friends down there I haven't seen in months.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shops...

PSI for the dyno, and AR auto for the suspension/race experience... both great shops...just unheard of, unless by word of mouth!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dates...? Not whether you need them, but...

I am looking into 7/10,11 or 7/17,18. The idea is that if we can get 4 Dyno tunes on Friday and the same on Saturday, then it is worth while for all. PSI's new shop is off of Hwy 26 and Shute Rd. has a state of the art dyno, 3 lifts, comfy lobby, the Skyline cover car in this months Modified Mag...etc.... Then the suspension and race guys from AR Auto from L.O. are there to help with set-up, advise and general Lotus knowledge. There can be loads of other possibilities, just depends upon interest. maybe we can get Jason from PSI to tube our other non-Lotus cars as well...? There will need to be a minimum of people Dyno tuning to be worth wile, I have 2 for certain already...I'm one of them!:shift:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kinda...

Eddie is the suspension and race guy...it will be @ PSI, but you can still get back in touch with Eddie!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I'm in so long as it's not the weekend of the historic races...:D Eddie is the Asian guy with the S2000 yes? If so...he knows his stuff.

·
Registered
62 Posts
daily drive tune

If no conflict on the chosen day, I would meet to get a daily drive tune and to visit with folks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was pong, he is back in Thailand now...however Eddie was the other asian guy. He prepped Pong's car, he also races SCCA and currently beats most folks out there...such a good racer/driver he scares me on the track. I would be sick getting out of his car...:shift:

I'm in so long as it's not the weekend of the historic races...:D Eddie is the Asian guy with the S2000 yes? If so...he knows his stuff.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bender unit

Hillsboro, OR....15 mins West of Portland...

Where the shop located ?
I'm from north of the board.
Let see how far it is.
I love to get a Charlie X dyno tune.

Thanks
BU

·
Registered
557 Posts
That was pong, he is back in Thailand now...however Eddie was the other asian guy. He prepped Pong's car, he also races SCCA and currently beats most folks out there...such a good racer/driver he scares me on the track. I would be sick getting out of his car...:shift:
No way, it's a great ride. :)

Anyhow, definately in. Ballpark prices for tunes would be really awesome though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tune prices

I have 2 definite and 4 people interested in tunes from this post...so I will get with Charlie and figure out the "group" rate! As for Eddie, I cannot figure out he gets around the track so much faster than I...that is why I do not want to find out...sometimes I scare myself!

No way, it's a great ride. :)

Anyhow, definately in. Ballpark prices for tunes would be really awesome though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bump...anyone else? NW local interested...got 4 need 2 more I think to make it worth it for all involved!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
sadly, my wife reminded me that we have to visit her parents the weekend of the tune. Damn married life!!! Sorry guys, I really wish I could have made it and gotten a tune.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts