The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So since Forcefed has no solution for my FF275+unichip other than "Get the EFI":((At 3k+) How much would you charge for a custom tune/ecu for this kit?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
depends on the length of time it takes to do the base tune, i usually charge $100 ph and any travelling expenses if its out of my usual area.

it also depends a lot on how well the car is setup, if say for instance the fuel pressure kept changing it'd take longer, the boost wasn't consistent, something was bad etc. etc.

sometimes it can be baselined in a working day, others upto 4 days, then with a couple of hours here and there making little tweaks, some owners just want it setup to where it just 'works', which means they're happy with all the little pecadillos, others want it absolutely perfect, which just takes time.

what sort of dyno used also affects time, i'm happiest with a dynopak, then a steady state capable dynojet, then everything else, having an operator thats not a muppet also helps, as well as having people to wrench or fix any immediate issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts