The Lotus Cars Community banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
You can't make this up
1,168 Posts
AL49X here It was a walk in the park to install and works well. Need two sets of hands to get the screws loose to clock the timing on it though. They are put together not to come apart.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Cancel all the information that I posted earlier about alternators. I must have been smoking crack or something. Those aren't good replacements.

Sorry if this caused anyone any trouble. Stand by for more information.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Subscribed! These pics are helping a lot with my S1, cool to see that there's a couple early esprits in central florida
Well, you aren't far away. I'm close to the north end of 520. If there are any other photos that you need, or want to pay a visit, let me know. Both my S1 and S2 are down right now, but I just got the pats that I need to get the S2 JPS back on the road. What condition is your car in?

Bill

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, you aren't far away. I'm close to the north end of 520. If there are any other photos that you need, or want to pay a visit, let me know. Both my S1 and S2 are down right now, but I just got the pats that I need to get the S2 JPS back on the road. What condition is your car in?

Bill
My s1 is not running, project car, trying to get it running and driving but not attempting full restoration at the moment, since its modified im not sure where im going with it yet.
I just started a thread for it
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/1977-s1-project-cheese-wedge-415241/#post5442825
I really need to see what the cooling system routing looks like, mine is all messed with. i actually drive down 520 all the time for UCF, i may be up there saturday for a junkyard run, not sure yet.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Contact Sports Car World in Texas, they may have the missing bits you need.
David Teitelbaum
Thanks, David. The only parts that I really need are the engine cover and rear glass. SCW didn't have the glass, and I didn't ask about the engine cover. I have turbo louvers to install in place of the glass, and no engine cover will allow the hot air to escape. Not ideal, or factory original, but it will work.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Well, this is depressing. Charro arrived on my doorstep FOUR years ago today. The last 18 months have been pretty rough. Divorce, hurricane, pinched nerve in my neck, and a broken water pump bolt on my JPS Esprit. Just in the finishing stages of getting the JPS back together, and then I can start working on Charro again. I have acquired the engine cover, rear hatch glass, and rear quarter windows, so I think I have all the major parts to reassemble her, once I finish the body work. I think I just have to get the contour of the roof and rear hatch corrected, then I can start applying gel coat.

I'm also playing around with making my own parts. I'm looking into making polyurethane bumpers, and maybe casting some parts like engine covers. I'll let it be known if I succeed.

In the meantime, Merry Christmas to all of you.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Ralph at RS Motorsports is also "resurrecting" a fire damaged X180. Not easy to do and you need a LOT of parts that are not in inventory anywhere anymore. On top of that the X180's had some special bits fitted only to them. Doing that kind of restoration takes a LOT longer than you can figure because much of the time you are held up because you can't find the parts you need. Many of the parts are not "wearable parts" so they never inventoried many of them in the first place!
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Bill, great to see you posting again on the Charro!!

Merry Christmas!
Don't worry. I haven't forgotten about you. When I need a test driver, you are on the call list. It will be fun to take two black Esprits out. Not going to happen anytime soon though.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Ralph at RS Motorsports is also "resurrecting" a fire damaged X180. Not easy to do and you need a LOT of parts that are not in inventory anywhere anymore. On top of that the X180's had some special bits fitted only to them. Doing that kind of restoration takes a LOT longer than you can figure because much of the time you are held up because you can't find the parts you need. Many of the parts are not "wearable parts" so they never inventoried many of them in the first place!
David Teitelbaum
David,

Yeah, I had some problems finding a couple things, but there are a LOT of Lotus bits that you can get from SJ Motorsports in the UK that you can't get from the US supplier that mainly deal in expendables. The British pound is down right now, so there are some good prices to be had> Ordering a lot of stuff at one time saves money on shipping. I'm having a new radiator and A/C condenser, as well as some other parts for my JPS shipped in. Shipping cost is $125 for a big box like that. It left England on Tuesday, cleared customs in Miami on Wednesday afternoon, and should be in my hands on Thursday. They won't be installed for a week or so, maybe over Christmas break, but it will be nice to have all the parts in hand to get the JPS back on the road so that I can get back to Charro.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Okay, I just read through my thread. A good refresher on what I've done. Sorry about the pictures getting lost. I guess whoever I hosted those picture with cancelled my account or something. I'll see about posting the photos on my own web site. Will have to figure out if I want to build a narrative with them, or just zip them all up.

Attachments

141 - 153 of 153 Posts