The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new Canon SD790IS point & shoot digital camera that takes ok quality video. So, i looked into some camera mounts for my car and i found this from Chasecam:
Triple Suction Cup Mount | ChaseCam

So i got one in the mail yesterday and mounted it to my rear window. Mount works great and has several ball type joints for easy adjustments.

I'm sure Randy would be happier if i ditched the point & shoot camera and got a Chasecam recording system instead :thwack:

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I am sure that has built in GForce scales and auto-record triggering and such, right?

:)

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Thanks for the thread. Have you heard about our new software product? Probably works with that camera.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the thread. Have you heard about our new software product? Probably works with that camera.
I'm usually the last to know anything. Got a link?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sure that has built in GForce scales and auto-record triggering and such, right?

:)
My camera has the "chinese fire drill" triggering system where the driver has to stop the car, run out to back seat to turn on camera, then hop back into the car :coolnana:

·
Registered
780 Posts
im sold. I have been waiting to see a pic of what the mount looks like mounted. Looks awesome!!

So Randy, this should fit ok on my rear glass for auto x?

Or ,if not; which model should I get?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Been using this mount for about a year (with a chasecam). It works quite well stuck to the windshield of a Lotus. Very high quality mount with lots of suction.. :)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Been using one of those for a good 3 years, along with the extension on a BulletCam. Had it on the outside of the front windshield at well over 100mph at track days. Recently picked up a little flash HD video camera I’ll be trying out as well.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
780 Posts
How well does it fit and work, mounted to the rear glass. I dont have a harness bar.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Works great inside or out of the front or rear glass. In my case have tinted the rear. Have one of his single cup mounts, that doesn't work too well on the tint- the 3 cup is solid. Here it's in use at a track day:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got tint on my rear window and the 3 suction cup sticks like glue.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Works great inside or out of the front or rear glass. In my case have tinted the rear. Have one of his single cup mounts, that doesn't work too well on the tint- the 3 cup is solid. Here it's in use at a track day:
Great shot. All I want is some simple short clips. This will work fine for my interests.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If you've got a harness bar, Randy's EZ20 camera mount works great... just be careful not to smack the bullet camera with your HANS device while putting it on... :eek:

YouTube - How to misalign your ChaseCam with your HANS

Hey Randy, do you have any recommendations for small (2"-3" diag) LCD monitors to hook into the PDR-100?

Oh, and what's with "HTML code is off"?
Is the chase cam really that fish eyed?

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts