The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got it all setup for the most part. It is pretty easy to do. One item for s240 people is to not get the EZ20 as its way to big. I ended up going to the hardware store and getting a smaller clamp. I think it was 25mm - 50mm but will double check that. Also, fine tuning the camera angle orientation is a bit of a tweaky process...no big deal though. One thing I wish it came with is a firewire port or more recent output plugs.

Anyway to the question.
I am using the gforce and want to know if there is a setting to automatically arm the gforce or do I have to hit the record button to always to arm it. I would think it would have a setting for auto arm so you can hide the unit or do I just need a remote to engage that function?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I'm betting Randy ( MIGHT ) know !!

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
my traqmate system turns on my chasecam automatically.
very slick set-up, having the chasecam/traqmate with traqsynch for the video.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
First, we make an EZ-10 that is perfect for you. We can swap.

USB is coming. Someday. :)

Apologies for the menus becoming quite involved. We keep adding features and it is a little confusing.

To have the unit auto-on, open the battery-card door and look for a little red slide switch. Make sure the white tab is pushed to the outside of the unit (away from the door). If so, the unit will power up automatically when sensing external power.

To have the unit auto-record, go into the MENU and select FEATURES
Toggle down to AUTO RECORD AT START and use the select button.
Toggle down to BEGIN AUTO RECORD AT START. Hit select button.
Press X back to FEATURES menu
Select GFORCE RECORD TRIGGER
Press select to toggle mode until top text says DIFFERENCES MODE IS ON
Change SENSITIVITY to 0.25G and hit select to save
Modify TIME DELAY AFTER from default 60 seconds if you want.
X back out of menu.
Power off and reboot.

Now the unit will power up automatically and record video every time the car moves.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, I will go through and double check my settings and refer to the above.

One thing as feedback, I was hitting the buttons I thought were correct but it seems some buttons are opposite while some are exact. I didn't have it hooked up to my laptop as the output cables are dated compared to my laptop inputs so I went inside to view on tv. Apparently, I was selecting clear background and it would give me black background or bottom and it would be on top. If I were to do it again I would just do the core setup items out of the car then go back to the car for the gforce orientation setup. Or you can just write it up as a newbie learning it :) But as you mentioned USB would change that for alot of users.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Yep. It became apparent that when you add enough features and options, there is no easy way to offer the selections. So the plan is to offer configuration files and a USB interface so you can do all the settings on your laptop and then save it. And offer standard configurations so you can use them instead of toggling all the different stuff.

One problem is we added these features over the years so our interface was not consistent. We intend on fixing this.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok that worked perfect! User error :(
It was the begin at auto record at start that I thought was selected but it was not.

·
Registered
780 Posts
On a side note ... I just got home and noticed a package on the counter from chase cam... I am not sure my girlfriend knows thats where the package was from ...it was addressed to her...hmmmmm:coolnana::coolnana::coolnana:

I think its supposed to be a surprise:panic:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice:nanner2:

What could it be....:popcorn:

I can't wait for April 5 and 6th to really test this bad boy out at mid ohio.:evil: I took a few small drives in setup to make sure all works as it should and does which is great. The audio was a lot better than I had anticipated especially with that exhaust. When I get a card reader I will post something.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Well I just opened my package.. although not quite as elaborate as yours I now have an SM 30 Camera Mount!!!!.... Too bad its dark out. I will test mine out tomorrow. She's awesome. See you at MID OHIO!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had my first track day of the year at mid ohio and just got home to watch the video and apparently I still don't have the PDR setup right. I have 1 min. - 1:30 min. movies. So I didn't get video of full sessions. Also, I have it set to auto come on and it seems like it is randomly recording footage so I must have something else not setup right. So I don't know if its a memory allotment per file and my gforce is not right...I have the settings to what Randy has above but if anyone has any suggestions that would be great as sunday I have day 2 and would like to get all the sessions.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
1) Make sure that you've calibrated the g-sensors properly
2) Make sure that the g threshold for recording is set low enough... I think by default it's actually very high (2Gs)

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Make sure you dont have LOOPING or RECYCLE recording on.

Call me when you have the unit in front of you.... we can walk through the menus. The downside of so many features we have added is that there are many ways to mess things up.

Randy

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I think I maybe tracking this issue down...on sunday after session 2. I went to see how many videos have recored. I saw 5 videos (really should have only been 2 or 4 as it may time out prior to getting on the track) than the whole unit lost power. So we checked the outlet and it was working fine. So we popped the fuse from the PDR cord plug and sure enough fuse was shot. So Im not sure if the fuse was having issues or if I was getting spikes in voltage. When I got home last night I used a meter and it seemed to be consistent. So Im thinking just a faulty fuse...I hope it doesn't do it again as it kinda defeats the purpose and I really was hoping to not hardwire it...

·
Vendor
3,333 Posts
How do you get the traq mate interfaced to the chasecam? My unit didn't have instructions with it really(Got a really good deal on it). Need that video synced with traqmate etc.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Traq Systems sells a cable for $17 that connects the two.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts