The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
No lotus yet, but cant wait to get one
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just surfing the web, and I found these photos of this lotus with, what looks like, a chassis-mounted rear wing. Never have I seen this wing before, or a lotus with a chassis-mounted rear wing. Does anyone know either who's car this is, or where you can buy this wing from because I love its styling. Also, it has the hethelsport widebody kit on it, which I haven't seen many examples of before.
(here's where I found it)
http://instagr.am/p/Bj0y8fZgClT/ http://instagr.am/p/BjNSFKLgcZB/ http://instagr.am/p/BlIlXZHnWoz/ http://instagr.am/p/BXOhRiuBzKi/ if you scroll down on the Instagram page you will find more photos

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe contact @GregsRaceParts he was tagged in the Instagram pic
Yeah, I was thinking that but it's not in their store, nor their Instagram page, so I don't think they sell it anymore. I'll give it a shot though!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I wish they still sold it :(

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is Battle Aero through GRP
do you know where you could possibly buy one of these, or find one in a website?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Call Greg, I think he made the mounts and might make a set for you.
I'll PM him, but I'm new so sorry to ask but how do you do that?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just PM'd him

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone else like the style of this wing? and where did you get that picture from @LostPawn ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's my car. I liked the wing because at the time I didn't want to drill into the clam and it is easy to remove. Some days I like the look of it and some days I don't.
That's awesome! If you still have the wing installed on the car can you zoom in on the mounting so we can see directly how it installs? or can you explain it because the mounting looks really interesting.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I play Need For Speed, and in there is a Lotus Exige, and you can put a chassis mount wing on it, and it looks very similar to the wing you have/had and the ones from the photos. Do you think there is any possible connection between these two or not? and the mounting place looks very similar as well.
here are the photos from in the game
file:///Users/lachlanshomefolder/Downloads/IMG_2294.JPG
file:///Users/lachlanshomefolder/Downloads/IMG_2296.JPG
file:///Users/lachlanshomefolder/Downloads/IMG_2297.JPG
(I don't know if the links will work or not)

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
That's my car. I liked the wing because at the time I didn't want to drill into the clam and it is easy to remove. Some days I like the look of it and some days I don't.
If I was more serious about the track that wing is the route I would go. Didn't want wing on car for street driving there enough attention drawn to the car as it is.

Reactions: goelise

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,403 Posts
That's awesome! If you still have the wing installed on the car can you zoom in on the mounting so we can see directly how it installs? or can you explain it because the mounting looks really interesting.
If @GregsRaceParts doesn’t mind I can post some pics of the mounting. While I don’t see it listed for sale I’m not sure how much time and effort went into this and feel like it should be his call.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
38 Posts
i actually ordered a battle aero v1 wing this month with a 66" deck and i'm currently waiting for it to ship to me. i plan on making my own brackets that mount to the back wall of the rear chassis behind the exhaust. i LOVE this look personally. also @LostPawn if you posted some mounting pics that might help me making my brackets. only if greg is chill with it though, cause i get that he surely must have spent some good time designing it. my exhaust is just an ultra quiet resonator behind my license plate so it shouldn't be hard to work around. i plan to mount mine slightly lower than yours by just making the bracket drop down a little lower at the end of the arms where the wing stands connect. the highest part of the wing being level with the roof is the goal.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i actually ordered a battle aero v1 wing this month with a 66" deck and i'm currently waiting for it to ship to me. i plan on making my own brackets that mount to the back wall of the rear chassis behind the exhaust. i LOVE this look personally. also @LostPawn if you posted some mounting pics that might help me making my brackets. only if greg is chill with it though, cause i get that he surely must have spent some good time designing it. my exhaust is just an ultra quiet resonator behind my license plate so it shouldn't be hard to work around. i plan to mount mine slightly lower than yours by just making the bracket drop down a little lower at the end of the arms where the wing stands connect. the highest part of the wing being level with the roof is the goal.
That was what I was possibly looking at for the future, buying a wing that I think is a decent size then making the mounting brackets, but since Greg used to sell one that could make either buying or making it a lot easier. But it looks like Greg put a lot of effort into this and so we should ask him If we can recreate it using pictures. Also @Brock when you said mounting to the chassis Behind the exhaust did you mean the horizontal subframe that’s supports the exhaust?

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
38 Posts
That was what I was possibly looking at for the future, buying a wing that I think is a decent size then making the mounting brackets, but since Greg used to sell one that could make either buying or making it a lot easier. But it looks like Greg put a lot of effort into this and so we should ask him If we can recreate it using pictures. Also @Brock when you said mounting to the chassis Behind the exhaust did you mean the horizontal subframe that’s supports the exhaust?
it comes in tomorrow so we’ll have to mock it up. but i meant the back wall behind the exhaust with the cutout for the cat pipe in the middle. if that’s what you’re referring to as subframe then yes. we may also have it bolt in flat to the exhaust hanger holes for extra support.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it comes in tomorrow so we’ll have to mock it up. but i meant the back wall behind the exhaust with the cutout for the cat pipe in the middle. if that’s what you’re referring to as subframe then yes. we may also have it bolt in flat to the exhaust hanger holes for extra support.
That's great news, and yes that is the subframe (look at the picture below for reference). Also, where did you buy the battle aero V1, and when you get it can you show us some pictures?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts