The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Chassis Mount Rear Wing?

6K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  hvymtlmcn 
#1 ·
I was just surfing the web, and I found these photos of this lotus with, what looks like, a chassis-mounted rear wing. Never have I seen this wing before, or a lotus with a chassis-mounted rear wing. Does anyone know either who's car this is, or where you can buy this wing from because I love its styling. Also, it has the hethelsport widebody kit on it, which I haven't seen many examples of before.
(here's where I found it)

if you scroll down on the Instagram page you will find more photos

#14 ·
I play Need For Speed, and in there is a Lotus Exige, and you can put a chassis mount wing on it, and it looks very similar to the wing you have/had and the ones from the photos. Do you think there is any possible connection between these two or not? and the mounting place looks very similar as well.
here are the photos from in the game
file:///Users/lachlanshomefolder/Downloads/IMG_2294.JPG
file:///Users/lachlanshomefolder/Downloads/IMG_2296.JPG
file:///Users/lachlanshomefolder/Downloads/IMG_2297.JPG
(I don't know if the links will work or not)

#17 · (Edited)
i actually ordered a battle aero v1 wing this month with a 66" deck and i'm currently waiting for it to ship to me. i plan on making my own brackets that mount to the back wall of the rear chassis behind the exhaust. i LOVE this look personally. also @LostPawn if you posted some mounting pics that might help me making my brackets. only if greg is chill with it though, cause i get that he surely must have spent some good time designing it. my exhaust is just an ultra quiet resonator behind my license plate so it shouldn't be hard to work around. i plan to mount mine slightly lower than yours by just making the bracket drop down a little lower at the end of the arms where the wing stands connect. the highest part of the wing being level with the roof is the goal.

#18 ·
That was what I was possibly looking at for the future, buying a wing that I think is a decent size then making the mounting brackets, but since Greg used to sell one that could make either buying or making it a lot easier. But it looks like Greg put a lot of effort into this and so we should ask him If we can recreate it using pictures. Also @Brock when you said mounting to the chassis Behind the exhaust did you mean the horizontal subframe that’s supports the exhaust?

#28 ·
Yeah from battle aero I believe. As it says above it's the 66" Force two with V1 arms. That's the configuration brock had and it seemed to mount up fine for him.

#29 ·
lots of unnecessary weight in all that hardware

#30 ·
Pretty sure it’s just for looks.Top of wing tree has no X bracing for lateral support.At speed it would have too much movement from side to side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.