The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Chat with a Lotus technician

5K views 56 replies 25 participants last post by  khamai 
I'm generally impressed with the comprehensiveness of Lotus's approach. Most manufacturers have a few tire/wheel options but few it seems are obsessed enough to substiantially change their suspension configuration to match their different wheel and tire offerings.

Oh yeah, I'm psyched.

John Stimson said:
... Shocks can be optimized for a smooth ride, or keeping the tires in contact with the ground over bumps, but not both. ...
True but I think the substantially lighter LSS wheels will mitigate some of the harshness that changing the suspension alone would normally introduce. If these changes were applied to the heavier standard wheels I'm sure the LSS would be completely unacceptable.

Jim

Ironically I'm feeling that being #25 and not in the first round of orders could be a good thing. I have it on good authority that MAG in Columbus is

a) getting one (or two) of the show cars in Feb/March for people to look at and try on and

b) they're ordering two dealer cars when the final production versions come out. One will be bare bones and the other will have everything including touring and the LSS package so you can compare the ride quality first hand.

Okay so I'm actually just trying to make myself feel better about not being in the first round. At least I might have a better idea about what I'm ordering. :)

Jim

You know, the decision to not get the sport suspension would be a ton easier if the LSS wheels were just uglier. Damn, they look nice and weigh less too. Now if we can just get past the rough ride and potential snap oversteer issues.

It's kinda like dating a beautiful woman who can cook but who has a bit of a temper and can get a little rough in bed. Then again, that doesn't sound that bad does it?

I'll take an LSS too please! :D

Jim

wallabyguy said:
...The guy at MAG is either stretching the truth or not listening to Lotus or intends to get himself in a heap of trouble. ...
No trouble to be had, he just indicated that they would have them on hand to look at and sit in or "try on" as I put it. No test driving until their federalized demos arrive later.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.