The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Chat with a Lotus technician

5K views 56 replies 25 participants last post by  khamai 
From a handling standpoint look at LSS as giving alot more grip, lighter wheels will make it more responsive. The larger front tires should give it more of a oversteer characteristic. (Of course along with all the other suspension changes). One other improvement should be shorter braking distance.

Overall think the standard setup is more liveable for the street and not far behind the sport package. The big trade-off for LSS is the stiffer ride, poor in the wet & short/expensive tire life.

Jay- could you define "sports bra" for me?

My only question about LSS is how stiff. John we drove the same 111S. I'm not familiar with the S2000 ride, found the Elise very forgiving. Hit one hard bump that caused the what I think was the body panels to make a rather nasty noise, the ride felt fine. My understanding is Lotus added a bit more compliance to the Fed Elise, to allow for the rougher roads here (std setup).

Lotus seems to be stressing the Sports package as not being suitable for the street. Tend to think there being a bit conservative in there approach. Most likely those of us use to upgraded, stiffer suspension will be fine with it. If it's a daily driver or you've got lots of beat-up streets it may be a different matter. Like everyone else we'll have to wait to find out.

IMHO, there are very people going into a Elise that can out drive the std setup. While we shouldn't let anyone get in over there head, I'll leave it up to them to make there own choices. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.