The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Dang, could of bought a whole set and put a good amount in my pocket for what I just paid for 2 rear Goodyear F1 DSG3's (might of mixed up some letters there)

Has anyone here ran them?

I've had a couple sets of the Goodyears, a couple sets of the stock Yoko AD07's, and a set or two of the Toyo T1R's. I just put on new rear Goodyears but was figuring I'd go back to the T1R's for street tires on the next set as I liked them the best so far. But heck maybe I'll give these a try if they aren't rocks. Who knows, it will be a while now. I'm loving the R888's on the other wheels though.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Now find me some Rotors.

·
Registered
327 Posts
How would these pads stack up against stock?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I am a cheap SOB but to quote myself "putting crappy tires on a lotus is like watering a plastic plant, you can do it, but it don't make no sence". A lotus is pretty much a one trick pony, it handles absurdly well. Cheap tires pretty well takes that ability away from it. You can get the dirrezza dunlops for around 500$ for the set which I think is very reasonable for such a car. I am not trying to be a smart alec or snob, but in my opinion get tires better than the asx for a lotus. I have those on my mazda station wagon...

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am a cheap SOB but to quote myself "putting crappy tires on a lotus is like watering a plastic plant, you can do it, but it don't make no sence". A lotus is pretty much a one trick pony, it handles absurdly well. Cheap tires pretty well takes that ability away from it. You can get the dirrezza dunlops for around 500$ for the set which I think is very reasonable for such a car. I am not trying to be a smart alec or snob, but in my opinion get tires better than the asx for a lotus. I have those on my mazda station wagon...
The Dunlop is apparently a really great tire. That's a good price and supposedly good value for 4 corners.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
+1

If you can't even put decent tires and brakes on the car, why bother with it? If you just want something to cruise in, there are far better options that would save you a lot more money.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did not notice any change with the brakes but I have only been running them for 2k or so and the tires are still really good and have the advantage of not sucking in adverse whether. All season ASXs and safe in rain is worth more to me than that last bit of grip on dry. YMMV. I also don't have the "cold tire" effect I had with my AD07s.

Rotors are available for $240 a pair shipped. EBC brand. Someone here posted the link at one point. I have a set, but have not needed to put them on yet.

Ron

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tired those pads, and they suck. More brake pressure, less bite.
Well, I like them and I could not tell much difference.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But how often do you do 90-20mph stops, 10+ times a day?rotfl

Six. I have to stop 3 times on the way to work and three times on the way home. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
The Satisfied pads are very similar to the stock pads. So, basicly the same as what Lotus chose for performance and cost compromise. I have personaly used these pads on track and they feel just like stock. 100 to 30, 120 to 40, 90 to 60 every one minute eleven seconds. No fade problems at all. I would still use them on track but I wear through them too quick just like the stock pads.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Satisfied pads are very similar to the stock pads. So, basicly the same as what Lotus chose for performance and cost compromise. I have personaly used these pads on track and they feel just like stock. 100 to 30, 120 to 40, 90 to 60 every one minute eleven seconds. No fade problems at all. I would still use them on track but I wear through them too quick just like the stock pads.
Good! I was worried my seat of the pants meter was out of calibration. :clap:

·
purveyor of lightness
4,230 Posts
Hey I have General Exclaim UHP tires on my Elise for street use and they're awesome... cheap as hell (and light) too! 380 wear life!

Front tires 195-50-16 (17 lbs): $69 each
Rear tires 225-45-17 (21 lbs): $90 each

Full set of tires for $318... about 1.25 x A048's ;)

Did I mention they're great in the wet/rain and "doable" in light snow?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Generals!

Hey I have General Exclaim UHP tires on my Elise for street use and they're awesome... cheap as hell (and light) too! 380 wear life!
I have Generals too. They understeer less than the a048s did. The a048s would understeer daily, but the I have only gotten the generals to understeer once.

The rear tires squeel, and chirp under a light load which I love. It makes the car sound more powerful, and its more fun too.

I also have the benefit of being able to blame those cheap tires if i ever wreck!!

:shift:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have both regular street wheels and separate track wheels. Checking the TireRack, I see all kinds of choices for the sport wheels, but only the expensive Yoko's for the stock wheels...and they cost more than the larger sport tires!

Guess I'll switch to the track wheels for good!
:shift:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts