The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,

So with the same basic intercooled supercharger hardware lotus has released these horsepower levels:

220 HP
240 HP
260 HP

Seems to me I could just flash, or have flashed, my car with the 260hp image. This might be safer for emissions and cheaper than an aftermarket tune perhaps.

any thoughts?

take care,

gm

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
OK,

So with the same basic intercooled supercharger hardware lotus has released these horsepower levels:

220 HP
240 HP
260 HP

Seems to me I could just flash, or have flashed, my car with the 260hp image. This might be safer for emissions and cheaper than an aftermarket tune perhaps.

any thoughts?

take care,

gm
Lotus says not technically feasible to do the 220 hp flash to 240. Local dealer tech and Lotus USA's regional tech rep says there's more difference in the cars than just the flash. I've heard they will do the 240 to 260, but don't know for sure. One local guy with a 240 told me he's had it done by Lotus, but then someone else said he told them he has the Gotham tune in his car.

I do know that the injectors are different between the 220 and 260. And depending on who you talk to, they are or are not different between the 220 and 240.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts