The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by Sector111's V2MOUNTS and in need of a quick solution, I found the answer in DIN rail mounts and 4X #28 worm drive clamps. Grainger P/N 6CUR2 is what I used, as far as rail is concerned. Figured I'd share the solution.

The center slots provide a great location for 2X 8-32 BHCS mounting fasteners. Four additional slots provide the interface for the clamps.

Cheers,
Jake

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Interesting, please let us know how it works out for you!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. The adjustable knob needs to be accessible with the undertray on, but since it's under the A-arm area, it look like it might.
Yep, the under trays are installed in the picture above. Should be accessible by laying on the ground and reaching behind the wheel with the car sitting on the ground. Just have to remember which way to turn the knob since it'll be a blind procedure :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Awesome! thanks for sharing that, I was looking for different ideas on how to mount my front reservoirs.

One member suggested under the front access panels, but I haven't even looked under there yet.

BTW, did you have to cut or make the extra slots for the clamps to fit through?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One member suggested under the front access panels, but I haven't even looked under there yet.

BTW, did you have to cut or make the extra slots for the clamps to fit through?
I considered the same option, but I didn't want to deal with removing the access panels between auto-x runs in order to adjust compression settings. The alternative is laying on hot asphalt/concrete to adjust compression. It's the lesser of two evils, I guess. Good enough reason to bring a small tarp or towel to grid.

I used a 3/16" end mill to cut the slots on an old Bridgeport mill. A dremel tool or similar could get the job done.

The overall length is 4.25". The added slot centers are 2.5" apart. The slots are .4" long (center-to-center).

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Awesome! thanks for the details.

I have Nitron DA's but I can definitely use your measurements as a reference and custom to my reservoirs.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
New hoses swapped onto my Penskes, canisters fit into place. Thanks BWR for offering these shocks! The reservoir mounts look like they're going to work well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts