The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to lotuscars.com sports pack costs 2,480$ For this money you get: 4 wheels, 4 tires, and a sports suspension (Bilstein Dampers with Adjustable Perches, Eibach Springs). This seems really low, considering the fact that you can barely buy a decent set of wheels + tires for 2.5k not to mention the suspension (I just replaced 4 tires on my car costing over 1,000$). I know for a fact that high end ohlins and Eibach suspensions cost over 5,000$. Can this suspension really be worth it considering the relatively low price? Has anyone upgraded the suspension to a more expansive one?

P.S. I know lotus engineers spent millions perfecting the suspension, the price just seems way low.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
hey, i will pull all the components off my car and let you have them for say $7k. deal?

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
The 2500 is over and above the unknown price of the parts already on the car. When you get the sport wheels tires and coilover assemblies you don't also get the stock stuff.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"The 2500 is over and above the unknown price of the parts already on the car. When you get the sport wheels tires and coilover assemblies you don't also get the stock stuff."
- good point, I think I disregarded this...

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
In theory, the sports pack shocks and springs are not more costly to produce than the stock suspension's, considering they are basically the same parts but with different spring rates or valving. I don't know if there is a price consideration for the volume of units made. Essentially, you are paying for upgraded wheels and tires.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Yeah, Keith, Stan nailed this one. I've said this before but here goes again:

I did the stock (LTS) car + $2,200 SSRs with AO48s, plus $220 LSS springs and $80 left in my pocket. So I have an extra set of rims, tires, but I still have the LTS dampers. The LSS ones aren't adjustable, anyway. I feel I came out way ahead, except I don't have those beautiful LSS rims. But SSRs look nice, too.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
LotusLust said:
hey, i will pull all the components off my car and let you have them for say $7k. deal?
Forget that, I've got you beat.

I'll sell mine for $15k, plus a $5,000 "prep fee" - so obviously my setup is wayyy better.

"Give me half of what you were going to bet, then we'll go in back and I'll kick you in the nuts and we'll call it even" :D

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
buy SSR's 2000
sell LTS wheels -1200
double adjustable shocks 2800

Total 3600

Then you have a MUCH better setup than stock or LSS and it has only cost you $1100 more. This is basically what i did except i went with the Kodiak wheels which are a bit more money and may go with triple adjustable shocks which are $$$$.

-Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts