The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Where can I get the cheapest Elise S1 or S2? I honestly want one so I can swap a K20 Honda engine in it and turn it into a track monster. And when I mean cheap, I mean <$10,000. Just curious what people think of.
Cheers.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I would expect to pay no less then $15k for a car with no chassis damage and minimal body damage. Probably no less then $22k for any car that runs and drives and has no hole bigger then a quarter.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Maybe someone who owns a certain un stamped no vin chassis would want it for the title...

·
Registered
615 Posts
hmm, that one that ran into the tire wall doesn't look too bad...right? Stock #28210259

·
Registered
153 Posts
I wonder if the insurance companies are obligated to auction them
I don’t think so but they do it because that’s how they get the most back. You always Hans the option to buy your car back if it’s totaled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
209 Posts
Cheapest Elise ive seen listed here was 22k. Good luck in your search for one for 10k, going to need some work on it that will drive the price up in the 20's so mine as well keep an eye out for a decent salvage one and pull the trigger.

Reactions: Robocop305

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi all,

Where can I get the cheapest Elise S1 or S2? I honestly want one so I can swap a K20 Honda engine in it and turn it into a track monster. And when I mean cheap, I mean <$10,000. Just curious what people think of.
Cheers.
The cheapest I've seen a "functional" car was 22K. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
211 Posts
Copart always has a bunch.
The k24 is only 8mm taller, and much more output
Duratec cosworth is where its at

·
Registered
211 Posts
Doubt it, chassis are $8k min. And lotus has stopped producing them I believe.
The question from O.P. I believe is where to look

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Doubt it, chassis are $8k min. And lotus has stopped producing them I believe.
The question from O.P. I believe is where to look
The question was where to look for one under $10k, and I don't think such a place exists. Even below $15k for a roller seems impossibly optimistic.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I operate a towing and recovery. Most of my money comes from insurance companies.
Work in a very remote area of BC Canada. Where double B transporters are not allowed. So the extra expense for even piles of junk, the insurance companies collect. Very rarely, do we do on site auctions (from our yard). And the only buy-outs we ever get are from re-po’s. On the other hand, we can buy from these companies more easily once they have been collected as we have acces to most big insurance companies. Funny, how insurance adjusters are not really a thing. The insurance companies I believe, all want them back to make sure they are absolved of any wrong doing. Also, and probably and more likely. To search for drugs as the opioid crisis is big time on the west coast.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not sure why you couldn’t buy a “off road only” frame from the UK
eBay.co.uk and a $400 shipping fee

1 - 20 of 35 Posts