The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the cheapest yet functional racing seat there is that will fit on the passenger side of a 2007 Exige.

Rarely have a passenger in my Lotus but when I do, need a seat that is functional, will fit the original rails and will accept a 6 point harness.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Premium Member
Have you looked at any of the Kirkey racing seats? Light weight and inexpensive. Not sure about fitting with rails, but they are pretty compact.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Idea. I didn't expect aluminum............Looks way to big.

Anyone have the seat dimension's on a stock exige passenger seat?

Right now its looking like get a Corbeau LE standard and pay the converson rate to pounds or just buy another Recarro Profi. The price would be about the same.

Registered
Kirkey will make seats to your dimensions. I'v had some basic one's from their "Drag Seat" line made up for a Lotus 23 a few years back.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
Fatal: I could put a grommet in the seat, just don't think it would look right with a race seat in one side and a stock seat in the other. With that said it may look just as weird with a Profi in one side and a Corbeau in the other.

Tom: They will do custom sizes? That may help, I just want safe and functional. Im not going so much for looks. Was amazed to see they were aluminum.

Anyone have Exige passenger seat dimensions?????????? Bueller Bueller??????

Registered
Kirkey has a seat called the drag seat; aluminum construction and comes in different widths. I had a buddy with a Catherham using them, and it was a super comfortable seat. When I built the car that shows in my photo posts, I called them and asked for that seat in a 16in. width to fit my chassis, deleted the headrest, and got exactly what I wanted. When the car was up and running, I had a second seat made i in. wider for pass. side. It is a basic, old school bucket seat, that i could fall asleep in it was so nice.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Think this will fit in the passenger side?

WR Magazine

Registered
Might fit. Their site had a good dimensional picture of the seats. It is flat bottom, so rails my change things. My car had flat pan, and seat sat right on floorpan, cost with cover/padding was around $350.

Registered
Same vendor also makes an (uglier) Spec Miata that should be narrow enough.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #12
You are correct! That is an ugly seat!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts