The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
check engine light is on today,a friend of mine has a code reader showing p1301, p0302 1nd p0304 saying misfire detected in cylinder2 and 4.car runs fine and idle is smooth so far. anyone have these problems b4? thanx.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the response guys.but a very odd thing happened yesterday,i didn't tell you all that i used a rtv gasket maker betweem my throttle body and the manifold. and i remembered that i forgot to check if it's sensor safe or not and did check it and of course it's not. good thing i got one that is sensor safe. but i was asking this can't be the cause of all these engine codes. so i took out the tb and stripped the old gasket maker and changed it to a sensor safe one. and after a couple of starts and a 20 min drive, so far no check engine light. my gasket got damaged that's why i used a gasket maker for now. the local toyota don't have in stock but will have it by
wednesday.anyone of you have this experience b4?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
The 130x code is a serious misfire to the point that it might damage the catalytic converter; the 030x misfire is intermittent and more of an "advisory" code. My car is turbocharged with a large inlet pipe in which the stock MAF sensor is placed, which makes for less than optimal signal amplitude and quality and so I get 030x codes on occasion, that I have also learned self-clear insofar as the check engine light turns back off after enough drive cycles.

I do know there are a number of cases that wiped cam lobes are the cause of a misfire 130x code, but it sure seems to me like it is a big stretch to assume that wiped cam lobes are the ONLY possible cause. I have inspected my cam lobes and they look fine, but I do not get a 130x code, just the more benign 030x codes.

your RTV may be the problem, especially if it interfered with the passages for the idle air control motor or allowed a vacuum leak.

Check all the basics, fuel, spark, air (e.g. fuel pressure, injector function, spark plugs, coil packs, vacuum leaks and throttle operation, etc) before assuming the worst. It does only take maybe 30 minutes to R&R the cam cover, so it is worth a look too probably.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you so much for the response guys.so far no problems.actually i just got my engine back in the car last saturday. changed my clutch and flywheel and i did checked the cam lobes and they look fine to me. i didn't get the chance to drive the car lately so i guess i will find out if the gasket was the cause of everything and i really am wishing it is. thanx again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts