The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check engine light/codes

Hello. I'm new here and thinking for getting a 2005 elise that has a katana s/c with larini header and exhaust. The owner said it has a check engine light on and was told from the guy/dealer he bought it from it was because of the s/c and exhaust. Does that sound right? Any way to get the light/codes to go away and stay away? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello. I'm new here and thinking for getting a 2005 elise that has a katana s/c with larini header and exhaust. The owner said it has a check engine light on and was told from the guy/dealer he bought it from it was because of the s/c and exhaust. Does that sound right? Any way to get the light/codes to go away and stay away? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
You just need to read the code first. Do a search on here for the readers that work, or take it to someone who works on Lotuses (I've not had good luck with AutoZone type scanners) then go from there. Could be a million things, and a scan will put you in the right direction.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Agreed, we need the actual codes before we can provide a meaningful response.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
I've read posts in the past where the new exhaust will throw a code and light up the dash. I do not have an S/C, but have the Larini Exhaust and have no issues. I would do a google search with Lotus Talk in the search field.
You could also have a Lotus dealer do a PPI.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
What code is it? That's a good start...............

Sort of like saying..."I have black paint, what color black is it?"

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
A properly installed Katana does not throw a code. It will not pass smog with a code. Read the code and find out what is wrong

1 - 11 of 11 Posts